Chapter 22 (The Final)

Reyna's P.O.V

We are being hunted by Orion and after landing in my old home town of San Juan, I get abducted by the amazons and hunters all so that I can talk with Hylla and Zoe about what we are going to do about Orion. We decide to lay a trap for him, but we receive news that he has come to our front door and is itching for a fight. We yell at everyone to gear up and get ready to battle and not soon enough since the hunter is making his way towards us. A few hunters and amazons who are trying to stop him are flung away or shot by arrows and are instantly dead. Zoe stands at the ready with a black bow that I have seen on Percy before, but I don't see any arrows and she just draws back her string and an arrow appears. She aims and lets it fly and a huge explosion happens as soon as the arrow hits. With the confusion that is happening Hylla takes me and we escape to our father's house which brings back bad memories but I push them down telling myself that I have to stay focused.

Orion catches us outside the building and Hylla pushed me behind her. I try to help out but all she keep saying is that I should get out of here and finish my mission. With that she summons the power of Bellona our mother and attacks the hunter. I reluctantly leave her to battle him and run towards our camp site. Once I reach the boys I am glad they haven't unpacked yet and I quickly tell them to put everything back on the statue and that we have to get out of here because Orion is after us. Without a moment's hesitation they get ready and soon we are ready to leave. We plunge into the shadow and all I see are the ghosts of my ancestors calling me a coward, traitor and murderer. I shut out the voices and just concentrate on completing the mission at hand. Nico manages to get us to a small town in South Carolina called Charlotte. We only unpack the necessity items and set up a small camp, once we are seated Nico asks me why my ancestors called me that. I didn't want to tell him the full version, so I say the basic items. That my father was a war veteran with PTSD who somehow managed to get the attention of Bellona, that after she left him with us, he deteriorated mentally and eventually became violent, abusive and eventually to protect myself I defended Hylla from him and killed him with an imperial gold saber that belonged to Roberto Cofresi.

Nico tries to cheer me up, but it fails when Bryce Lawrence comes out of the bushes, summoning a horde of undead British soldiers and yelling at me that I am a traitor and that he will force me to tell the story and that he will execute me himself in front of the Roman Legionnaires. The warriors pin down Hedge and me while totally ignoring Nico, I want to give him the power of Bellona again but he uses his own power to destroy the undead soldiers and killing Bryce by stabbing him in the back, turning him into a ghost and directly sending him directly to the fields of punishment. He commands the undead warriors to return to the underworld and with a bow and a salute they all do as they are told and Nico faints. After three days he finally wakes up and thanks to Hedge we got some Pegasis and even the mighty Pegasus himself to get us the rest of the way to Camp Half-Blood.

Nico's P.O.V

We land upon the deck of a yacht just a few feet away from camp. I thank the Pegasis and Pegasus for the lift and they fly away. Once we step of the yacht we are instantly confronted by Michael Kahale, Dakota and Leila who want to arrest us and take us to Octavian. They seem like they don't want to do the task at all. Before they can take one step further a bright light shines on us coming from a boat. A voice sounding strangely like Octavian's tells the three to stand down and lay down their weapons. Then a large figure jumps of the boat turning out to be Tyson knocking out Michael. I smile in relieve as I see him. Reyna stops him from knocking out the other two who instantly tell us that they are on our side and that they don't like what Octavian is doing. With no time to spare I quickly summon my undead chauffeur that dad gave me for my birthday so that Dakota, Leila, Hedge, and Reyna can go to camp with all out stuff so that I have less things to carry while maneuvering the statue to its final place. With them gone I tell Tyson to hurry back to camp and to stop them from attacking anytime soon. He nods his head, quickly going back to his boat and sailing away. I then hop onto the statue and shadow travel the rest of the way. When I emerge out of the shadow by Half-Blood hill I see a riot was started amongst the romans that distracted them enough. Close to the shore Reyna is fighting Orion which means he must of have defeated Hylla and the rest of the hunters. For Orion's sake I hope Zoe is alive otherwise Percy will resurrect him and kill him over and over again. Octavian is trying desperately to get his legion under order but fails, I then see Will Solace, Lou Ellen and Cecil Tamper with the onagers making them unusable. Before a proper fight can start Reyna comes and helps me with the Athena Parthenos and both of us manage to set it down beside Thalia's Pine Tree. We feel a shift in the air and know that the rift between Greeks and Romans has been healed and that the gods can now help the quest members. After the shift there is a huge earthquake that is taking on a shape.