Desert Song

Ray watched as you continued to build your sand castle. Sorta.... You were too close to the water so it kept washing your castle away, you obviously never do this.

"Here let me help you." He said laughing slightly. He took your bucket and shovel and walked closer to the beach area, there he set to work.

You watched closely as he built a masterpiece for you. "Thanks Ray, I don't know what I'd do without you." You said sarcastically. You than leaned over and kissed his cheek. The 8 year old boy blushed profusely and started at the ground shuffling his feet.

You giggled, as the older boy tried to hide his bright red face. Ray was embarrassed. The two of you have known each other since preschool, did you really just figure out he liked you?

"Awww Ray-Ray, what's the matter?" He laughed even more at the nickname. He looked up from the sand to see your face. "(Y/n), why did you just kiss me?"

Ray was dying to know. You thought about it, why had you kissed him? Finally you found the answer. You've always known the answer.

You reached out for his hand, and looked into his eyes. "Because I like you silly." You giggled out. "You like me?" Ray was shocked. Most of the kids he knew didn't like anyone because they were afraid to catch cooties.

"Oh, I like you too, (y/n)." He smiled back at you and squeezed your hand a little. "(Y/n), will you be my girlfriend?" Ray looked at you with a worried expression on his face.

"Of course I will Ray!" You said in disbelief. Sure you were only kids, but you loved him. Ray was your best friend, he was always there for you.

*twenty years later*

You and your husband, Ray, were at the beach along with your two sons and little girl. The boys, Xander and Jeffrey, were swimming in the lake while your daughter, emerald, was trying to build a sand castle.

You and Ray watched your children from your seat on the bench. You were cuddled into his chest while his arm was wrapped around your shoulders.

Emerald sat frustrated in the sand, her castle was was to close to the shore and the water kept washing it away. Ray smirked at you, then chuckled slightly.

"What?" You questioned. "What's so funny?" You were getting kind of annoyed. "Like mother like daughter.." he calmed down a bit and than walked over to your daughter.

Ray sat down next to Emerald and began to take the bucket and shovel from her. "Here let me help you," he said walking away from the shore line.

Emerald watched her father build a masterpiece for her out of sand. "Thank you daddy," she said before giving Ray a kiss on the cheek.

"Your just like your mother," Ray said under his breath. Emerald decorated the sandcastle with shells and sticks. You watched your family scattered around the beach.

And in that moment, everything was perfect. "Moooommmm!!! Xander and Jeffrey said I'm adopted!!" Emerald cried. Than the moment was over.

The end! I hope you guys enjoyed reading it! if you have any requests for me to do, just dm me on instagram. My username is 2005mcr_baby