Drown

Oliver Sykes sat on the bathroom floor with a large pill bottle he was planning on downing. He was suicidal and you knew it but every time he flashed that beautiful smile, you never saw beyond it.

Now in his last moments he thought of the last things he ever said to you.

*Flashback*

(Oliver's pov)

I picked up my phone to make one last call. I dialed the number quickly, as I had done so many times before.

"Hello?" You said. You sounded sleepy as you should, it was one in the morning.

"(Y/n)?" I said making sure I had your complete attention.

"I'm here Oli, are you okay?!" Now you sounded worried. You sounded like you knew what would happen.

"Yeah I'm fine," I lied. Truth is I'm not fine. I want you to help me.
"I couldn't sleep, I just needed to hear your voice I guess"

"Are you sure your fine? Please don't lie to me..." You pleaded trailing off at the end.

"I'm okay, I promise." I want to die and you were the only friend I have. You were the only person this could effect.

"Oliver Sykes! Don't lie to me! Please, you never let me drown before, I won't let you! Something is wrong! I'm coming over!" You stubbornly told me.

"No, don't it's fine! I'm fine! I just couldn't sleep without telling my best friend goodnight.." I was pathetic. I don't deserve (y/n). Their amazing and I'm nothing but trash.

"Okay..."you said hesitantly. "But you know I'm here for you if you ever need me, just call me up and I'll come rushing to your aid!"

You didn't understand. This was my call for help, but sadly you couldn't see past the lies I told you.

"I know, (y/n), I know. You'd do anything for me, thank you for being the best thing that I have ever known."

"I know you'd do the same for me! Besides you never understood that I'm the lucky one! My best friend is my biggest hero!"

You were actually pretty excited...

"Anyway Oli, I have to go because I have an algebra test in the morning, but if you need anything else let me know! Goodnight Oliver."

You said that so causally, not knowing that you will never see me again.

"Goodbye (y/n)." I wanted you to know, but I didn't want to tell you. I couldn't tell you.

I grabbed the biggest pill bottle I could find from the medicine cabinet and made my way to the bathroom.

My parents were sleeping in the next room over. They would never see me coming. They'll wake up in the morning and find I'm not here. I'll never be here again.

I sat on the cold tile floor, and began to write on a piece of paper. I addressed the letter to (y/n). They were the only person that deserved an explanation.

'What doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead. Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper, And I can't take one more moment of this silence, The loneliness is haunting me, and the wait of the world is getting harder to hold up..... I'm sorry (y/n) but I had too go'

I finished writing the note and placed it on top of the vanity.

*end flashback*

Oliver looked longingly at the bottle that would end everything for him. He couldn't help but feel like he'd betrayed you somehow. Like you'd actually miss him.

He thought back to the last things you spoke.

"Goodnight." You said.
"Goodbye." He said.

You never thought twice about it.

Oliver slipped the pills into his mouth, slowly swallowing them one by one until there was no more pain, no more voices, no more life, no more Oliver Sykes.