Chapter 6

Moving in with Craig seemed pretty difficult when Evanee had first moved in, mainly because of the lack of furniture in her empty bedroom. Craig didn't have any spare mattresses, but he did lend Evanee blankets and pillows which she used on the couch.

Craig, being Craig, spent most of his time on his computer in the living room where the couch also was. It was quiet whenever he was editing since he always used his headphones to make sure the sound quality was perfect to him. Though when he was actually playing, there was no silence.

Evanee had learned that his 'gaming sessions' were actually quite sporadic and lasted a lengthy amount of time. She had learned this her first night in the apartment. It was about 12 or so, Craig had offered to let her sleep in his bed since he was going to be on his computer, but she respectably declined. It would seem as if she was intruding by going into his room alone.

Instead, she slept on the couch surrounded by pillows and blankets that Craig had lent. That night she slept at a reasonable time, but woke up to the sound of shouting at midnight. Her eyes opened to face darkness. Then she turned to look at Craig. His back was turned to her and his earphones were in. Evanee's eyes were shielded from the bright light coming from light coming his from computer screen since he sat directly in front of it.

The young man didn't even notice that he had woken her up. In fact, he was blatantly oblivious to his surrounding whenever he was playing video games.

Now she accepted his offer every time he let her sleep in his bed whenever he wasn't there.

Other than that, everything seemed great. Like they had casually arranged, Evanee was fine with sweeping the living room and her bedroom while Craig swept the kitchen and his own bedroom. Craig took charge of dishes, while Evanee did laundry and all was right in the world.

Thankfully, Evanee had learned, Craig was very tidy. There were a few times where he'd leave Monster cans around but he always managed to recycle them without having Evanee having to do it.

And so a week after Evanee had moved in, she finally had her things delivered. It was a basically a disaster to order furniture online but she had ordered something from a reliable site, according to David. It was a simple white drawer, lamp, white desk, and two mattresses. She didn't think she'd need a bed frame since she planned to stack the mattresses on top of each other.

She had also ordered her own white fluffy bed sheets and white curtains.
Craig had noticed her subtle appreciation for the color.

"Just kind of throw it on top," Evanee told him, as they tossed the mattress on top of the previous one they had carried.

That was the last of their furniture and now Evanee just had to set up the bed, put her clothes away, and set up her desk. She'd finally be completely situated.

"Don't have to sleep on the couch anymore. Life is good," Evanee sighed in relief, falling onto the mattress. "How about we go out?"

"Starbucks?"

"Starbucks."

-----------------

"I miss this," Evanee said vaguely.

Craig was unsure what she was talking about or what she was even looking at under her aviators.

"Are you talking about your drink?" He asked curiously, taking a sip of his own.

"I'm talking about spontaneous trips. I've taken a lot when I was in Massachusetts, but I was always alone then. Sometimes I'd walk around the city, eating out at different restaurants or shopping. I don't remember a time where I went out just to have a drink with a friend when I lived there."

"When I first began talking to David, he didn't shut up about you or the other guys. That was a few years ago. Might sound creepy, but I know a lot about you including your past with them. He described you differently back then. What actually happened in Massachusetts?"

Evanee laughed lightly. "What happened was that I wasn't prepared for anything. I lived with my aunt most of my life. She was my constant and then the boys came alone and they became my joy. I was stupid to leave that. I had enough money to live by myself. Passed all of my classes, ate healthy, and all that bullshit. I just never found the need or time to go out anymore. Life became boring, consistent, and depressing in all means so I tried to kill myself three months before I graduated."

It was silent as Craig tried to process this information. He knew a bit about this girl from David, but this wasn't the girl David fell in love with. That girl was spontaneous, energetic, happy. The girl sitting across from him who held a silly smile on her face with her aviators covering her eyes was someone he barely knew and she seemed broken beyond compare.

"Don't worry about finding me hanging from the ceiling fan at the complex though," she joked. "And don't look so sad, Craig. The past is the past and it does not define me. It's different now."

"Do the other guys know?" Craig asked, hesitantly.

"No. I don't plan on letting them find out either. It doesn't matter anymore."

Her tone changed. She seemed even more distant. There was no hint of sarcasm or joking. A monotone voice telling him that it was probably time to head back home and get some rest. It wasn't his place, but he refused to let this go. Craig decided that he would do his best to change her back. To help Evanee find her angel wings and find her way back home.

----------------

Short and corny. Sorry. Schools been kind of iffy lately and I've really lost interest in this book. Im not planning on stopping, but if you guys have any ideas that I include, it'd greatly appreciated. Vote and comment what ship you want to see

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)

P.S. WHO WANTS ME TO MAKE THEM A COVER? If you're interested, just message me on here or kik me @jelly_belly777