Chapter 16

"Evan, what are you doing here?" Craig asked as he opened the front door.

"Just to hang out, maybe for a few days," Evan answered, walking in and closing the door.

Craig was too shocked to even mention the possibility of Evan staying over for a few days. It would make things incredibly awkward if he brought up the recent topic that he and Gemma had talked about.

"Craig, is someone downstairs?" Evanee came walking down and stopped midway when she saw Evan. "I'm going to kill you."

Lighting fast, the green eyed girl ran down the rest of the stairs and pushed Evan against the front door. Her forearm was pressed against his throat and her other hand made a fist next to his stomach.

The two guys were both surprised at the amount of strength Evanee had when she was angry. It was honestly a bit frightening.

"What the hell did I do?" Evan shouted, trying to push away.

"The hell did you do? Gemma told me it was you who said that I was back in LA."

"I thought she knew. It's not like you to keep stuff like that from your aunt."

Evanee was fuming, but she backed off and took a seat on the couch. "Well, I'm not the same person you knew Evan. You have no idea who I am."

Craig was standing near them, watching the entire thing play out. He had endless opportunities to stop them, but if he was lucky, Evanee would tell him what happened in Manhattan. That way he wouldn't have to tell Evan himself.

Instead of interfering, Craig went upstairs and left them to settle this on their own.

"I know a lot about you, Evanee. After all the time we spent together, of course I know who you are."

"Then who the hell am I?" Evanee was confused herself. She had no idea who she was anymore.

Was she that dorky fun-loving girl in high school who was surrounded by friends? Was she still that lonely girl in Manhattan who knew that there was no one who was really there for her? Or was she grown up now and improving herself?

There were times now when she saw all those three important times of her life. Sometimes she would be monumentally happy playing games with her friends, other times she found herself crying at three in the morning, and most times she was striving to recover.

"You are Evangeline Freya Pierce. The girl with the unforgettable green eyes and black hair and beautiful smile. You are the sole girl who turned my life around and loved by everyone around her. You are talented, hardworking, kind. You are my first love."

"I was, Evan. I guess I was all of those things, but I'm not anymore. I'm not the girl with flowing black hair who you first met. I'm not the girl who smiled so much whenever we were together. I am no longer anything to you or anyone. After I left, I was forgotten and I know it's my fault but it fucking hurt. I was alone for the longest time. Imagine three years of barely any contact from the friends who were always there. Imagine hating yourself so much that you wanted to change everything about yourself. I tried to be healthy. I changed how I looked and nothing helped. I was still alone. I did the one thing I thought would help."

She refused to cry, but Evan's eyes were making it difficult to do that.

He looked as if he knew. "What did you do?" Evanee's eyes began tearing up and she refused to speak. "What the fuck did you do, Evanee?"

Evan stormed next to her and kneeled down, grabbing her chin and limiting it up so that he could see her face.

"You know exactly what I tried to do."

"You fucking idiot," Evan whispered, pulling her close to him. "How could you ever do that?"

"Because I'm not the girl you used to love."

Evan let go and his eyes landed on the necklace hidden behind Evanee's shirt. He gently took it and saw the pair of Angel wings.

"Do you remember being in the hospital because of me? I hated myself then, so much that I thought I deserved to die. I could've killed you. And I told you that you were my Angel and if you didn't come back to me, I would understand because you were too perfect to be with me. But I was wrong. You deserve to be surrounded by all these people who love you. You were never supposed to leave us, to leave me. And I did the most stupidest thing I could have ever done and cheated on you and I'm so sorry."

This was everything Evanee had been trying to avoid. Everything she didn't want when she came back to LA. The reason why she had wanted to avoid Evan in the first place. She didn't want to remember. She didn't want him to apologize because she knew she would forgive him.

She didn't want to fall in love again.

"You were always such a sappy piece of shit, you know that?" Evanee whispered, tears flowing down her face.

"Don't I know it, Ducky." Evan smiled, wiping the tears off her face.

The green eyed girl was then pushed back into reality. "Why are you here, Evan?"

"I broke up with Sydney."

"Don't tell me that-"

"You are the reason why."

-----------------

I know I said that there'd be more updates because summer started and I'm so sorry about not writing for a while. I was just stuck and so many of you are commenting who you want her to be with and I've been trying to make a chapter where there'd be more scenes with each of the guys and more drama.

This was a horribly emotional chapter and I apologize. Vote and comment who you want with Evanee and what you think of this chapter because I might make a lot more emotional chapters like these

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)