Chapter 15

"What do you mean you play video games for a living?" Gemma asked, wondrously. She loved video games herself, but that didn't seem like a job at all.

"I record myself playing video games, edit them, and I post them on YouTube," Craig explained, forcing himself to keep smiling.

Gemma had told Evanee to go with Drew to the supermarket so Gemma could cook for dinner, leaving Craig alone with a very intrusive aunt.

The woman smiled differently then. Craig noticed that her eyes were kind of sad.

"Has my ducky been doing all right? She must've told you what happened in Manhattan?"

"She," he wasn't really sure how to answer. "She was sort of vague about the entire thing and told me not to worry much about it. From what she told me it was like before, I think she's doing much better now. She found a job and she's talked to her friends again. Evs also isn't alone anymore and I think that's really helping."

"Thank you, Craig. I couldn't help but think it was my fault that she would even attempt that and she even began to avoid me after she got out of the hospital. I love her so much and all I want is for her to be happy."

"I do too," Craig paused, contemplating if he should bring bring it up, "but I don't think she'll be completely happy until her and Evan get things out of the way. He acts different with her but he has a girlfriend now and I don't think that having him there is safe for her. Are you able to tell me more about them?"

Gemma paused. She hated Evan after Evanee left for college. After he cheated on her and never said goodbye. She'd scowl at him whenever she saw him across the street and never failed to mention how horrible he was whenever his mom was nearby. Then he moved away and Gemma was certain that he was forgotten.

Though, he was the one who had told her that Evanee was back and she was grateful for that, but that didn't mean she forgave him.

So Gemma explained most of Evan and Evanee's relationship. Everything from his first visit when she let them watch a movie together to the point where he never said goodbye when Evanee left.

"They had their ups and downs, but she was happy with him somehow. I should've realized that he was a bad influence. Do me a favor, Craig. Do whatever you can to make Evan realize what he's done and make sure he doesn't do it again. Does he know about Evanee's attempt?"

"No."

"When you have a chance, you make sure you tell him and you make sure he never makes the same mistake of hurting my niece."

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Craig opened the door to reveal Drew and Evanee carrying several plastic bags of groceries. Craig helped them carry everything to the kitchen. Then he was pulled to the side by Evanee.

"How was hanging out with Gemma? Anything exciting you guys talked about?"

"Just explaining to her what I do for a living. Nothing special. Go take a bath upstairs. There's already hot water and some bath salts in there. I got it ready before Gemma and I stared talking," Craig smiled.

"Thank you, Craig."

"You got I bad," Drew drawled out with a knowing smile as he passed by with more groceries in his arms.

Craig rubbed his forehead and smiled even more. "I guess I do."

-------------

"You're kidding?" Tyler asked.

"Nope. Definitely will become a thing unless we do something about it," Jonathan answered; referring to his last conversation with Evanee.

David groaned from the couch. "Just let her be. If she likes Craig, then let her like Craig."

"Do you even hear what you're saying? Not only was she with Evan, but you're dumb ass fell for her too. Aren't you in the least bit worried that something bad will happen?" Tyler said, still staring at the screen in front of him.

David paused the game and turned to look at his friends. "I'm happy with Berenice. Thank you very much. And Evan is with Sydney."

"But haven't you seen him look at her. It's obvious he still likes her after three fucking years. Even if he didn't still like her, Evanee dating Craig is still a horrible idea cause this idiot likes her too," Tyler complained.

"Schuch up!"

Just then, the front door opened and Evan let himself in. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. How's guys night going?"

"Perfect," Jonathan said as if everything was normal. He handed Evan a controller and they restarted he game so that he could join.

Guys' night was still the same as always. There had been that year where Evanee was always part of guys' night, but everything eventually falls apart.

The three guys, excluding Evan, had silently agreed on a plan. They couldn't let Craig be with Evanee and neither could Evan.

Meddling was never a good idea, but for Evanee's sake and for the sake of everyone's friendship, they had to take that chance.

Though, Craig was also doing some meddling of his own. From Gemma, he now knew the real story behind Evan and Evanee. From what he heard, Evan was definitely not good for her at all, even if Evan was one of his closest friends. There was no way he'd risk another downfall for Evanee.

Craig came to a conclusion. He had to confront Evan. He had to tell him everything about Manhattan, even if it went against what Evanee wanted. In Craig's mind, the only person at fault was Evan and he was going to make him realize that.

----------------

DRAMA. Vote and comment who's team you're on
-Jonathan
-Craig
-Evan
-or her other two friends who don't want her to be in a relationship at all?

Also thank each and every one of you for over 200 followers. It might not be a lot compared to other people but it's really humbling and I never thought my books would really have an effect on people but they did and I'm grateful.
Love you lots

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)