Chapter 33

"It's Jon again, Evanee."

The young woman sighed, exasperated by the number of visits Jonathan had managed to fit in his busy YouTube schedule.

Craig had even become accustomed to Jon's antics.

Evanee walked to the door and opened it to see Jonathan leaning against the wall with an exaggerated 'smolder' expression that he loved to wear. In his hands were yet another bouquet of white carnation, Evanee's favorite, and a box of assorted chocolates.

"You do know that if you keep doing this, we'll run out of space in the fridge and I'll have to start using cups as vases."

"Then I'll buy you a bigger fridge and more vases."

Aware that Craig was listening, Evanee talked to Jonathan outside and closed the front door.

"Jonathan, I need you to stop this. In dating Jordan and all these little presents mean nothing. They're just another thing you can buy. I want something that means a lot to me and Jordan is there for me. You're my best friend and I appreciate you, but whatever this is has to stop."

"I told you I was going to make you happy so that maybe I'd have a chance."

"And we both know that I am not and I will not ever be the same person I was then. It took me forever to accept, but I realize that now."

Jonathan felt defeated. He had been vying for Evanee's attention these past few weeks and he regretted not acting on these feelings in high school when he really could have done something.

"Then I guess that's it for us. We'll just go back to being friends?"

Evanee shook her head. "We'll go back to being best friends."

With that, she hugged him goodbye and Jonathan took off. Evanee had come to several realizations this week. She wasn't sure of the reason for her newfound thoughts, but they were there and she was half convinced that she should act on them.

Evanee walked back inside where Craig was waiting.

"You told him?"

"It was cruel of me to lead him on like this. I thought I was done with these stupid high school conflicted feelings, but I guess I wasn't. I'm making the decisions I should have made from the beginning. I have to go."

Craig stared at Evanee in exasperation as she scrambled out the door. He wasn't sure what was happening to Evanee either, but he hoped that he'd still be a part of her life after her choices had settled.

Meanwhile, Evanee went to Jordan's place.

"Hey, babe. Come in," Jordan greeted.

With a grateful smile, Evanee walked inside the large house. "We have to talk about things."

They took a seat in the living room and a knowing smile crossed Jordan's features. "You want to break up because you finally figured things out?"

With bright green eyes, Evanee stared at Jordan in complete awe. It was exactly how she worded it but she wasn't even certain of the reason why she had been feeling this way, let alone how Jordan somehow instantly knew.

"I hope you're not angry when I'm finished explaining," Jordan started. "Ever since I met you in that gym. I know a few little sessions weren't going to help your case. You needed a revelation, a huge one. You needed to figure things out by yourself without the interference of your three friends and to do that you would either have to leave or be in another relationship. That's where I really came in. While you were with me, you didn't have to worry about them all that much which helped you make a decision."

Wonder. Complete wonder and awe was all that Evanee could really feel. Jordan really was perfect, but not for her. She knew this now. Evanee got up from her chair and tackled Jordan in a hug.

"I can't believe you had this all planned out. Thank you."

"It's my job. Now I'm just wondering who your little heart really desires after all these years. There's a lot of history between all of you and I don't want to see you get hurt after all of this."

"I don't either, but I think I'm ready. For the longest time, I was so indecisive. Now, I'm just happy that I've settled and that he'll hopefully love me back after all the shit that's happened."

Jordan smiled, still wondering. It didn't seem like Evanee would reveal anything until after she talked to the other people care about. His plan, although it took place from the start, he really did have feelings for Evanee and he was just more than happy to know that she made a decision and that she was a step closer to happiness.

Evanee, on the other hand, was happy to come to a decision but a sinking sense of nervousness flooded her entire being. Years of laughter, pain, and love were behind her and she was going to start a new chapter in her life. That realization was nerve wracking, but God was she ready for this.

After thanking Jordan again, Evanee went back to the car and let out a soft sigh. In the next hour, she would hopefully be relieved and happy. She hoped with all of her heart that for once in her life that she'd have someone permanent.

---------------------

FUCK. This was rushed but I honestly had no idea because the last chapter I published, most of you just said who you wanted Evanee to end up with so I'm guessing you guys finally need the end and we're close. After over a year of writing this series, we're so close to the end and I'm honestly overflowing with anxiety and I have no idea why.

Vote and comment

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)