Chapter 13

"Evs, did you wash my Captain America tee shirt?" Craig called out from his bedroom.

"It's hanging in your closet," she called back from her own room. "Did you do the dishes yet?"

"Yeah, I'm planning to record in half an hour with Tyler, Evan, Delirious, and David."

It became a constant occurrence where the two would be in their own separate rooms but still shared a conversation. The bedrooms were next to each other and they left their doors open most of the time, so it worked out pretty well.

Life was easy to adapt to with Craig around. Evanee no longer had to do things she didn't like such as washing the dishes or killing bugs, and she was happily contempt with the life she had.

She already started her job, four days a week with eight-hour shifts, earning $24 an hour. Three years earning her bachelors degree in the science of nursing was worth it in the long run since she was earning $5,400 a month. Only a $1,000 of that went to rent/bills since she only paid half of it, meaning she was pretty well off. With the extra money she saved from her small job in Manhattan, things were looking way up.

Though it wasn't just because of the money. Having Craig around helped a lot. It was entirely different from Manhattan. Evanee was always alone and dealt with things herself. Now Craig was there to make sure she was eating right, sleeping right, and smiling.

"How do tuna wraps and grapefruits sound for dinner?" Evanee asked from the kitchen.

Craig was setting his stuff up and getting ready for the gaming session with his friends. "Perfect. Thanks Evs."

As soon as Craig turned his camera on, he entered his friends' skype call.

"Suh dude."

"Hey Mini. How's Evanee?" Jonathan asked. "She hasn't answered my calls."

"She's been at work and cleaning so she hasn't had a lot of time. I'll tell her to call you before she goes to bed."

Tyler cooed. "You guys seem a lot closer. It's only been a few weeks."

"Yeah, there's just something about her that kind of just clicks, you know? It's easier with her here," Craig admitted, a bit embarrassed.

Evanee came into the living room with a tuna wrap and a sliced grapefruit with sugar. She handed it to Craig and spoke into the mic.

"Hey, guys! Can't hear you right now since Craig has his headphones on, but hope you're all doing well." Then she scooted a bit farther from the mic. "Here's the tuna wrap and there's tea on the counter that you can heat up for later. Try not to stay up too late tonight, okay? We're supposed to be going to LA tomorrow. Goodnight Craig."

"Goodnight Evs." Through the mic, the guys could hear the faint sound of Craig quickly kissing Evanee. "Also, call Delirious back later."

It was silent for a few seconds when Craig returned his focus to the call. Thankfully, Evan spoke up after the weird silence.

He coughed a bit. "So, what was that?"

"What was what?"

Through his headphones, Craig could hear the four of them making kissy  noises and Tyler in the background repeating Evanee in a high pitched tone when she told him to go to sleep early.

"I only kissed her head and she was just reminding me for tomorrow. What's so wrong about that?"

"You guys sound like you've been together for ages," David said, a slight laughter behind his voice.

"Very funny," Craig remarked. "Let's just start playing."

------------------

"So, you and Craig?" Jonathan asked through the phone, climbing into his bed.

"I haven't been a real relationship for a long time, Jon. I wouldn't necessarily call it a relationship but it's been better with him here. Maybe it's because I actually live with him or he's the closest person I've been with since I came back, but I think he's really special and I'm just happy that he's here," Evanee said honestly, sighing into her pillow.

"I'm glad that you're happier, Evanee. Have fun tomorrow with Craig. I'm going to bed."

"Goodnight Jonathan."

Unknown to Evanee, Craig had been by the door with a warm cup of tea in his hands. He hadn't meant to overhear her side of the conversation with Jonathan, but it made him come to a realization. What was Evanee to him? What did he want her to be?

That was a question he had actually been avoiding lately. He could tell that there was still something between Evan and Evanee, no matter how much he wanted to deny it.

Craig genuinely liked Evanee. He liked the way she'd hum to herself all the time and seeing her every morning. He liked her smile and her green eyes. He liked her as she was now and didn't want to change who she was. All he wanted was to see her happy and healthy. Lately, Craig has only seen smiles.

Though if he actually wanted a chance at happiness with Evanee, her past with Evan had to be resolved. That wasn't something Craig could do on his own. He didn't even know the full story between Evan and Evanee, but he was now determined to find out.

"Hey, Evs. Just finished making some tea," Craig said, knocking on the door and opening it. "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," she said quietly, taking the cup of tea from Craig and placing it next to her bedside table. "How was the game?"

"Evan and Delirious joined us for Mini Golf with Friends and it was so goddamn frustrating," Craig laughed, taking a seat at the edge of her bed. "Did you call Jonathan back yet?"

"We just finished talking. I'll tell you about it tomorrow though. It's late and we have somewhere to go tomorrow. Goodnight Craig."

The brown haired boy nodded. "Goodnight, Evs."

-------------------

Really sorry for the lack of updates. Finals are coming up and I haven't been feeling well lately, like usual. Don't forget to check out "You Had Me At Hello" on deadm0usech1ck 's profile and "The Boy Behind The Mask" on W1LDC4T47 's profile. I'll be trying to write the next chapters on them soon. Vote and comment what you think about Craig

And as always I hope ye enjoyed(:)