Chapter 24

"Stop poking me," Evanee playfully kicked the blue eyed boy off the couch.

"Stop being a butt and let's do something," Jonathan groaned on the floor, absolutely bored. He had videos to record, but Evanee didn't have work today and everyone else did.

So he came over, unexpectedly. Evanee had been watching anime on her laptop, laying on the couch with a large bowl of salad next to her.

Her eating habits and her overall lifestyle had improved. They had been lacking during those few stressful weeks, but she was back on track. Healthy meals, regular work shifts, and constant gym workouts had her feeling brand new.

"Are you suggesting we go to the gym?" Evanee asked, amused.

"No," he said suddenly. "I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing you do those squats again, but no."

That had also become a constant thing in her life. Jonathan had been getting a bit weird lately. It was subtle and didn't bother Evanee, but it wasn't something she wouldn't have expected.

She and Jonathan shared daily phone calls now, whenever the two had the time. He also never missed the chance to compliment or tease her, like he just had done. It reminded her of how Evan was in high school, just a bit.

The green eyed girl shut her laptop and finished up the rest of her salad, tossing it into the sink when she was done.

"So what do you suppose we do at seven on a Thursday morning?" She asked, preparing fruits and other ingredients for a smoothie.

"I was thinking that we could go to the beach," he proposed.

Evanee contemplated the idea as she cut up the fruits. "Fine, if you drive and we're home before seven."

"Why seven?"

The raven haired girl began tossing the fruits, sugar, ice, and other ingredients into the blender. "Because I promised Craig that we'd walk around and play Pokemon Go tonight."

It looked as if Jonathan asked another question, but Evanee couldn't hear him over the sound of the blender. He asked again, louder, but she still couldn't hear him. After a while, he got frustrated and went to sit on the couch and Evanee smiled in victory.

She finished blending the smoothie and poured it into two clear cylinder bottles that'd she'd be bringing on the way to the beach.

Jonathan had to borrow some of Craig's clothes and went to go change in the restroom. He was happy that Craig's plain black swim trunks fit him cause he really didn't want them to fall down after a wave hit. His mind wandered and wondered what Evanee was going to wear.

He smiled to himself, putting on a white sleeveless shirt and walking downstairs. Unfortunately, he didn't get to see Evanee's swimsuit.

"What are you wearing?"

"Jeans and a limited edition Vanoss sweater," she stated, proudly holding onto the fishing rod and tackle box in her hand.

"We're fishing?" He asked incredulously.

"You do know that it's cold in the mornings, right? It heats up around twelve. No better way to pass time than to fish," she smiled. "Go grab one of Craig's hoodies and some towels."