Chapter 25

It was ten minutes past seven when Jonathan finally dropped her off at home.

"You know I'm here for you anytime you need it, right?" Jonathan asked, leaning against the doorway, looking down at Evanee.

"I know, Jon. Thank you."

He helped her bring all her things inside and left with a sad smile. Evanee was pulled deeper into this never ending pit. She had to make a decision.

After Evanee put away all of her belongings, put the fish in the freezer, and took a quick shower, she went to Craig's room. The brown haired boy was sleeping soundly in his tee shirt and boxers.

She smiled softly at him. Craig made a mistake and Evanee knew he didn't mean it. She trusted him. After all this time, he had been helping her. He made sure she wasn't lonely and always went out of his way to make her happy. A single mistake shouldn't affect that.

"Hey, loser. Wake up," she said softly, kneeling by the bed.

Craig's eyes opened slowly. Since he had just woken up, his voice was almost ten times deeper than usual, "Yes, Evanee?"

"We're still on for Pokemon Go or do you just want to sleep in your boxers?"

His eyes opened and he immediately sat up, which wasn't the brightest idea since he was at the edge of the bed. His body toppled over onto Evanee, but he sighed in relief once he heard her laugh.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

Evanee looked up at him since she was laying flat on her back and his body was directly above her. "Yeah," she said slowly.

Quickly, he helped her up and ushered her out of the room in embarrassment so he could change. He came out moments later with jeans on and his hair combed.

"So what did you and Jonathan do today?" Craig asked, remembering that Evanee told him about their trip.

"We went to the beach. Fishing, swimming, and all that other crap. It was fun," she told him, not knowing if she should tell him about what Jonathan had said to her. She reluctantly didn't.

Once they were in Craig's car, he began driving. "Well, we're going to the beach again. Santa Monica pier to be exact."

Late night adventures were Evanee's favorite, which Craig knew. She turned on the radio and they listened while Craig drove. She appreciated nights like these, which happened often now. Craig and Evanee were the adventurous types and once they both realized this, it wasn't long until they started going out most nights.

"So what really happened at the beach?" Craig suddenly asked, causing Evanee to stare at him with confusion. "Come on, Evanee. I know that look."

"Jonathan told me he liked me. No big deal," she lied.

"No big deal, my ass. I obviously don't expect you to make a decision right now and honestly, I'd prefer if you stayed single. If not, you have to choose Evanee. Its not fair to them to keep them waiting. It's not fair to me," he said quietly, never keeping his eyes off the road.

The green eyed girl knew he was right. It wouldn't be long until another fight broke out or something bad happened.

"I'm sorry if that came off as rude, but life doesn't wait. All I really want is for you to be happy," he explained, glancing at Evanee.