In Open Arms

Liam POV

Louis and I were trying to make sense of what was happening. Niall wasn't listening, he was too interested in what Anni and Megan were talking about, basically there is no luck of anyone helping our confusion.

I turned to Louis and he looked just as lost as I did. 

I put my attention on Megan and Anni and saw Anni just stood there shaking her head while Megan was just...shaking. Anni looked over to the three of us and brought Megan over.

"Niall can you please take Megan to the car, I need to take care of something." Anni spoke as she reached us. It was obvious she was trying to sound nice and polite, but anger was definitely evident.

Megan walked right into Niall's hug, Lou and I followed, not saying anything mainly because we had no idea what to say. 

From the corner of my eye I saw Louis turn around to where Anni just stormed off to, then bumped my arm signaling me to look back. When I did, I only just grew more confused.

Anni was yelling inside the home-goods store, you could barely hear her but judging by her facial expression and her arms flying in every direction, it was bad. I couldn't see who she was yelling to exactly, because of the obnoxious number of shelves in the store.

Louis and I faced each other.

"Wha-" 

"I have no idea" I cut him off.

"No idea" I mumbled.

Niall POV

As Megan and I were walking to the car, millions of thoughts were running through my head, mainly about who the hell was in that store. Why was he/she in the store, and what happened that caused this girl to be crying and shaking in my arms.

I looked down to her as we exited the mall, her face was held down, ans she held her arms around her body. I tightened my grip around her shoulders to give her comfort, that was all I could do.

I tried to ignore the tremendous amount of irony though, how only days ago she ran away when I tried to reach out to her, and now she was right here hiding inside my arms.

My thoughts were interrupted when we reached the car. As I was unlocking it I looked behind and noticed Liam and Louis were no longer following us, this being the first time I paid attention to anything but Megan.

I helped her climb into the passenger seat then ran around to the drivers side.

As soon as I got seated i turned to face her. Her face was still down but her shaking had subsided. 

"Megan?" I asked so quietly I didn't know if she could actually hear me.

My thoughts were answered when she raised her head to look at me. The expression on her face might have broken my heart.

She looked scared, confused, lost, but most of all, she looked broken. 

I thought of anyone, anyone that could have possibly have this effect on her, anyone that could have broken her this much. Anyone who would travel all the way around the world just to see her get defeated under his stare.

Unfortunately, I could only think of one person that fit the price.

Adam.

If this were in any other scenario I would have stormed right back into that store, and scare him shit-less back to America, where he needed to stay. 

I would have him admit to everyone what he did. 

Hell, he would want to drop off the face of the planet when I was done with him.