Numbers and Phone Calls

Liam POV

I woke up and immediately felt cold. I tugged the covers up more trying to lock in more heat but I kept shivering. Deciding just to give up, I stepped onto the soft carpet running to the closet to throw on sweatpants and sweatshirt. Still cold.

Shaking my head I went around and closed all the windows in my flat, its 65 degrees out I shouldn't need to close these. Trying to ignore the shivers I stroll into the kitchen and start to prepare a cup of green tea. 

After my tea is done I turn on the TV while pulling a blanket around my cold shoulders and legs, at least my hands are warm from this mug. I took one sip of tea and immediately felt my stomach twist, knowing whats to come next I run to the bathroom. After I get sick in the toilet I brush my teeth and groan since I know I have to visit the doctors.

Its not that I hate going to the doctors its just not number one on my to do list for the summer.

I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my cell and car keys and left my flat.

The ride down was awful, no matter how high the heat was turned up or how much sweat I produced I felt ice cold.

"Please take a seat Dr. Mortings will be out soon" said the receptionist with a forced smile.

"Thanks" I grunt as I plop down on the waiting area's couch next to some other guy. He looked around the same age as me but it was obvious he wasn't sick at all.

"What are you here for?" I ask, looking at him. He had straight dark brown hair, tan skin, and even darker brown eyes...It was almost intimidating?

"Im not, im just here to update my information file." He said in an American accent, which was very easy to notice by his intimidating voice, Im not scared of this guy but he is a little...off? I don't know.

"Your from America? wow that's three people I've been with in two days that are from there." I started while laughing. "So when did you come over seas" I joked. His head shot right up from his magazine and looked at me, suddenly more interested in our conversation.

"Wait, who do you know that's from America?" He asks, completely ignoring my question. Just then my phone rings in my pocket. I pull it out and look at the caller i.d.

"Oh, there's one of them right now" I laugh, "Hey Megan whats up?" I say greeting her. From the corner of my eyes I see the guys eyes practically pop out of his head, and he scooches closer to my side of the couch. I look at him strangely.

"Erm, no sorry, no I would love to hang out with you guys today but I think im getting sick or something.

Yeah, Im at the doctors right now actually.

Okay, alright well I talk to you guys soon!

Thank you! 

Bye!"

I clicked end and turned to the guy who was now about a foot closer to me.

"Megan Blurren?" He asks and I nod slowly.

"Yeah? How, how did you-"

"She was a friend of mine in High School. Ive been trying to meet up with her, since Im visiting...uh, family here and I know she now lives close if I'm correct?" He asks. I note that he was certainly not this interested in me before.

"yeah, she does." 

"could you give me her cell number? I mean, I think she changed it because her old one says... um.. discontinued." He says. I think about this for a moment and remember the even that happened yesterday at the mall. This couldn't be the same guy right? I mean, Mullingar is small, but not that small right? I had to ask.