Deep in thought

Niall POV

Well this was ironic. I was litterally just forgot this morning to tell Harry Anni's name and now i guess he figured it out for himself.

Im really glad Harry is back in town though. Don't get me wrong, I love the rest of the boys to death but Harry and I are definitely the closest. I really need his help too on the subject of Megan.

Im taking things one day at a time, knowing all too well what will happen if I start to push things too much. Its killing me though, absolutely killing me. I hate seeing her upset or cold or just sad in any way, shape, or form with the knowingness that I can't just shower her with kisses to make it all go away. 

Im thankful that we are getting closer though, and I take every chance I get to hold her, she just fits so perfectly around my arms, I can't help but think she feels it too.

I place my attention back to the road in front of me as we pull into the complex building.

"Alright home sweet home" I spoke as everyone climbed out of the car, well actually it was only me and Harry that did.

When the two of us stepped out we expected the other two to follow but they didn't. Shooting eachother confused glances we ducked our heads back into the car and saw that both girls had drifted off to sleep, curled up in their seats.

"Aww they fell asleep" I whispered and laughed to Harry. He just shook his head and I watched as he bent over Anni and lightly shook her arm

"Anni, cmon we have to go" He whispered to her.  For a second she lightly stirred then shot straight up,

"Whats happening?" She yelled. If this were any other circumstance I would be in fits of laughter but since there was a sleeping Megan in the passenger seat I just smiled and shook my head.

Harry began to help Anni out of the car while I ran to the passenger side to get Megan. 

I opened the door and gently unbuckled her seat belt before copying Harry's actions of shaking her arm

"Megan? are you ready to go inside?" I whispered to her. She whimpered a little and moaned out a 

"Nooo let me sleep" It was almost too adorable to stand but I sighed and pulled her up into my arms, bridal style.

I looked down to her blond hair as it fell along her face and shoulders. She squirmed for a second and I thought she might be uncomfortable being in my arms but she just relaxed back into me. 

Sighing for what seemed like the tenth time that night, I began to walk into the building, behind harry and Anni. Anni was practically asleep against Harry's shoulder in the elevator, when Harry saw Megan in my arms he laughed quietly.

"So I get spazed out at by Anni and you get to carry Megan in your arms? What gives?!" I laughed along with him,

"Hush you" I smiled.

We stepped off the elevator, seconds later because of my lower level flat and Harry helps me with the door, still wrapping a tight arm around Anni.

I use my back to close the door behind us and I feel Megan move. I look down to see her nudge her head deeper into my chest and grip on to my navy jacket even harder before sighing.

Jesus shes killing me.

I probably would have lost it right then in there but I managed to keep my hormones in check as I layed her down on the wide couch.

I would bring her into my bedroom but Im not really looking forward to her reaction in the morning so I decided couch it is.

I went to go collect some blankets in the hallway and when I came back all three of them were sprawled on different sides of the couch, I was confused for a second why Harry and Anni weren't on the same side of the couch but then again they did just meet each other tonight.

I placed a blanket on Harry and Anni then crawled in next to Meg followed by a blanket of our own.

As soon as I laid down she cuddled up against me. 

I looked down and focused on her breathing patterns, the way her eyelids moved every now and then.

I then looked down to her lips. They were slightly apart and there was a tiny smile that was formed by them.

Taking in her whole face i can't believe how much shit this girl went through in her life. She is so strong and so brave, hell, just letting herself spend time with me shows a lot of strength.

Suddenly I know, deep deep inside that someday, she will open up herself fully to me. I know that she will be alright, as long as I am here for her.

No guy will come into this mess, and I will show her how important she really is. 

We have to take baby steps, I know that. But I would rather be taking baby steps then watching from the sidelines. I believe in her so much, she has improved so much, and nothing makes me happier.

My lips involuntarily formed into a smile as these thoughts traveled through my brain. 

Noting that she has definitely slipped into a deep sleep at this point, I leaned down and pressed my lips against her forehead, holding it there for a few seconds before pulling away.

I remembered back to the first time I got the chance to do this, except now our bodies are intertwined with each other.

I rested my chin back on top of her shoulder and closed my eyes falling into a deep slumber.

*** 

Okay guys I know this is extremely short and all but Im going to be updating a lot more now. Im no longer in the "Beginning of the school year" funk so i should be all set to update quicker.

SO please if you haven't already follow this book's twitter. its @Twisted_1D and I will post some updates as regards to the story and also you can contact me if you have any ideas or suggestions because those are ALWAYS wanted!

Alright ill see you guys soon! ;)