Chapter 7

Jo 

Alex drove us home and when we walked up the stairs and walked in the door and I dropped my things and went straight to the nursery. I started to fold clothes and put them away in the drawers or in the closet. Alex then walked in "Jo." he started "come help me get ready for this baby Alex." I said smiling "Jo?" he asked "Alex! This baby is going to be here and most likely I am not going to be here so we need to get the room ready so you can focus on taking good care of our baby boy." I then wiped my face noticing I had started to cry. "Jo I can't loose you, and I love our son but you have to come before him in this position." "No Alex you are going to raise our son with or without me but this child needs to live." "Jo you need to live! I need you, you can't just come into someones life and make them care and just decide to checkout." he said crying now "Alex if this baby, our baby dies and I live I could never forgive myself and you could never forgive me." "Oh baby. I am not mad at you, you did not cause this and there is nothing you could've done to keep him from getting that tumor now please listen to me. I cannot loose you." I sat there folding clothes hearing the desperation in his voice. "I killed our baby." I said now braking down for good "No babe you didn't." Alex said coming and hugging me on the floor trying to comfort me and soon I fell asleep.

Alex

After I could tell Jo was asleep I carried her to the bed and tucked her in and grabbed my phone and car keys. I locked the door on the way out and got in the car and drove, I drove to the one place I knew I could and I knew she could help me. 

When I pulled up to the house I went up to the door and unlocked it with the spare key I had and went inside making sure to lock it again. I then crept upstairs into her room and stepped in. "Mer?" I whispered "Alex?" she asked confused "Mer I either loose the baby or I loose Jo." I said feeling the tears start to slip out of my eyes "Come over here." she said and patted the bed. I jumped in and laid down beside her. "Now speak to me whats going on?" she asked "The baby has a tumor and I could either loose the baby or her and even possibly both." "Oh Alex." she sighed "Calm down and in the morning talk to Robbins and if you have to loose one of them Alex, you have to save Jo you might be able to live without her but I know you don't want to and I want you to be happy. You can always make another baby." "I know, I know." and soon I fell asleep next to my best friend or more like my person.

In the morning I got out of bed and went straight for the hospital to talk to Robbins and see if she would or could do anything but at this point I was feeling pretty useless and all I wanted to do was save all of my family and I couldn't. I just needed my family to be safe.