Chapter 9

Alex

I saw Robbins walking towards me and I stood up to go meet her. "How is she? Hows the baby?" I asked questions racing out of my mouth. She looked at me with sad eyes "the baby didn't make it?" I asked. "Alex sit down." she said and I sat down preparing myself to hear that the baby didn't make it.

"Alex the baby is doing okay she is in the NICU." "She? The baby's a girl and she made it? I have a daughter." I said smiling not thinking she would've made it. "I'm sorry but Jo didn't make it." "What?" I said my smile quickly falling "After we got the baby out there was a bleed and we couldn't get it under control. We did everything we could but, we just couldn't do anything else." "Jo's dead?" I asked not believing what she was saying. 

I then got up and went straight for the NICU to see my baby girl. When I got there I finally found were she was and looked at her my perfect little girl. He was so small and she looked so much like Jo. "Hey Alex." I heard Mer say and I didn't reply instead I just kept looking at my baby. "I'm sorry Alex." she said "She's dead Mer. She is dead." I said crying now. "I know, I know and I am so sorry." she said "Now what you need to focus on is taking care of this baby. She wanted you to have this baby, we are going to make sure she makes it." she said. "Okay Mer, okay." I said still crying "Were going to help each other okay?" she said "This little girl is going to make it and you are going to be okay." she said "But if you want to be sad or mad than go ahead. I know how you feel and I understand how it feels if you want to talk about it." she said "Thanks Mer." I said hugging her and crying on her shoulder.