Chapter 4

Jo

I am 19 weeks pregnant and we are finding out the gender of the baby tomorrow morning, I am so excited I can't sleep. Alex is working a late shift and said he would meet me at the hospital in the morning for the appointment. I was working on a patients diagnosis and drinking some tea, I decided that I really needed to go to sleep so I finished the tea and put my work aside. This pregnancy is kicking my butt but I have loved every second of it like the little moments like the first time the baby kicked, those moments are so amazing and I loved them.   I turn off the lights and I crawl into bed and pull the covers to my neck I close my eyes until finally I am asleep.

Alex

I have worked 2 days straight because of this little girl I have that has a tumor and I am trying to find a way to get rid of it and quickly, she is the cutest little thing too. Anyways me and Jo are finding out the sex of the baby tomorrow and I am excited I can't wait for this baby to be here I honestly can't wait to be a dad it's going to be amazing.

Jo

I open my eyes and its bright out side I look at my phone and see I have an hour to be to my appointment, I get up and hurry and eat some yogurt I take a shower and do my hair I put on a little bit of mascara and call it good. I throw on some leggings and a long sleeve red plain shirt and I slip on some Jesus sandals because I don't have to work till later so I don't have to put on my scrubs. I get into our newly bought car and start it and drive to the hospital. When I get to the hospital I get out and walk to the waiting room of where I'm getting my ultrasound done and I wait for my husband. I see him run through the door and he's looking around finally spotting me he comes over and kisses me and smiles. We go in and I lay down on the table I get everything situated and the doctor comes in she is the same doctor who I have had this entire time. She puts the gel on me and starts to make conversation about finding out the gender, I look intently at the screen she finds the heart beat and I can finally breath. We are all looking very close at the baby inside of me and finally Alex shouts "it's a boy!" "I'm having a little boy!" He shouts loudly and I just laugh I see him start to tear up and that makes me cry. "Babe what's wrong?" Alex asks me "nothing absolutely nothing, I'm having a baby boy!" I laugh through my tears. I am so excited for the future and for this little boy to get here!