Chapter 21

Alex

I woke up and me and Mer went through our usual routines, getting ourselves ready, then the kids. It was a Saturday so nobody had school, that meant everyone had to go to the day care in the hospital.

We finally got everyone in the car and Mer started to drive, we had to put on some terrible music that Ellis is into right now and she cries whenever were in the car and we don't play it. Anyways the music was going and all the kids were in the back two of them bickering, im not even sure who it was to be honest. 

Me and Mer just looked at each other and laughed, we new it was going to be a long day.

We finally pulled up to the hospital and Mer looked at the time "Shit i've got rounds in 5." she said looking at me and I already knew what she was asking "I've got the kids go." I said shaking my head and chuckling.

Mer said goodbye and ran off into the hospital. I opened the back doors and got all the kids out. Once everyone was out I used the buddy system to buddy them up to hold hands as we walked inside. 

"Daddy I don't feel good will you hold me?" Addy asked giving me puppy dog eyes "Yes sweetheart." i said picking her up and she laid her head down on my shoulder "Okay everyone hold hands." I told them and Bailey grabbed my hand and the rest of the bunch linked together.

We walked in and all the way up to daycare, we got there and I checked them all in, everyone went running to go play and then I set Addy down. "Good bye baby, i'll be back soon." I told her and she nodded. I then went to walk back out when she called for me "Daddy? When we get home can we have a tea party?" she asked "sure honey." "Aunt Mer too?" "Im sure she'd love to." I said smiling and left.

I got dressed in my scrubs then scrubbed into my first surgery of the day.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I scrubbed out of my last surgery smiling all of my surgery's successful, I walked out of the or room and bumped into mer "Hey i'm off in 10, you?" I asked "Me too." she said "Okay, I'll get the kids you get the car?" i asked "Lets both get the kids today I cant wait to see them." "Bad day?" "Lost a patient." she said "Okay we'll both get the kids then." I said smiling. 

I went and told the little boys family the good news and they were all so happy. This was one of my favorite parts about this job, the joy after everything turns out okay. 

I then went and changed back into my street clothes and grabbed my stuff. It was 9:15 and I still owed my daughter a tea party. I started to walk up to the day care and I met up with Mer. "Who was the patient?" "Henry Green." she stated "Damn. good guy." "yeah." "We'll i know what will cheer you up." i said us almost at the day care "Whats that?" she asked smirking "Three little girls in there want us to have a tea party tonight and I already said we would." I said laughing and she punched me in the arm and laughed to.

"I would actually love a tea party tonight." she said and we walked through the door. All the kids ran to us screaming happy to see us. "Lets go home and get our tea party on!" I shouted "yeah!" everyone yelled besides Bailey who complained "hey mister you are joining us and its going to be a good time." Meredith told him "Yes!" I said picking him up and ruffling his hair.

I held Bailey all the way to the car and Meredith held Ellis, I held Addy's hand and Mer held Zola's. We got out to the car and got everyone buckled up, I hopped in the passenger seat and mer climbed in the drivers seat started the car.

We pulled out and started driving it then started to rain.

Bailey dropped one of his super hero action figures and sighed he then unbuckled to get it. "Bailey you know you aren't supposed to do that." Meredith said "Yeah bud hurry get in your seat and buckle up. I'll get your toy." he sat back down and buckled up as I unbuckled and reached back and got him his toy. 

I turned back around and grabbed my seat belt while Bailey was thanking me, then a truck came out of nowhere, a big truck. "Meredith!" I screamed, but as soon as I started to scream the truck hit us and then everything was gone.