Chapter 1

Preface: Yeah, I know. I'm 19 years old and I'm a labor and delivery Doctor. Well actually (since your so interested as to why such a young girl is a doctor), I graduated at age 15 with honors and got a scholarship to med school. Since I'm on call, I'm moving into a new house that's closer to the hospital where I work.

BELLA'S POV: I pull into the drive way of my new home. I live alone and my family, well, I don't talk to them anymore. It's just me. I get out of my car holding a box, walk to my front door and look over to my neighbor. For a moment I'm completely distracted by this shirtless guy sporting perfectly toned abs, tattoos and an eyebrow piercing. He's washing his car wearing headphones; listening to music.

I don't think he notices me staring, yet suddenly he turns to me. "You going keep staring or are you going to help me?" he chuckles. He speaks with an accent and I'm driven completely crazy by it. I reply, "I'm good, boy." In response, he removes his headphones and slowly walks up to me. He then says, "I'm Jai. I'm guessing you're my new neighbor." I try very hard not look at his perfect body. I fail miserably. "Yeah," I say calmly. "I just moved here to be closer to the hospital because I'm a doctor. I'm Bella." "Well, doctor Bella," Jai grins. "It's nice to meet you." I take a deep breath and say, "Thanks Jai," smiling at him. "What do you work in?" I ask. He stiffens, "I ugh," he stutters, running one hand through his hair. "I fix cars." "Ohhh." I say, seeing his unwillingness. "Well... I better get going. I have to unpack." "Okay Bella; see you around," he replies. He walks casually back to his car. I open my front door and soon start unpacking my things; thinking about my insanely hot neighbor.

I wonder if he has a girlfriend? What if he's into me?! Wait a second, we just met and I don't even have time for a boyfriend. And I'm on call. Ughhh!

JAI'S POV: I put my headphones back on and think to myself, 'Wow, she's so beautiful. And a doctor! How sexy. Her nervousness was such a turn on. She seems like the perfect girl for this new job Carlos gave me. And she could be useful for any injuries. I hate to do this to her but it just has to be done. It's going to be a new life for her. She'll love it, hopefully. She was clearly into me so it shouldn't be a problem.'

BELLA'S POV: Night has fallen and I'm still thinking about my neighbor. Something about him seemed to be off when I asked him about his work. He didn't want to tell me. As if it's a secret...

I hear a car pull up and think it's my doctor friend James, coming over to discuss an emergency plan for unexpected deliveries. I look out my window and realize that the visitor is for my neighbor. 3 guys step out of a black car. I can't see their faces. I turn away as my phone buzzes with a text message. It's from James, saying that he has a call from the hospital. A crash victim going into early labor. I reply to him to make sure to save her and the baby. I yawn as I press send, walking into my bathroom. I decide to take a shower before going to bed.

I step inside my shower, running cold water over my body. Suddenly, I heard the sound of a window breaking in my kitchen. Feeling scared, I step into my bath robe and grab my phone to go see what's going on. I walk into the kitchen and see glass and blood on the floor. As I'm about to call the police, I feel something hit me hard on the back of my head. I drop to the floor. Within seconds, everything goes black.

Author's note:
Hey readers! Please like, comment & share. Please read our other stories! :) And for those who don't know, on call is a medical term. Which means to attend to emergencies at any given moment. Stay tuned for the next chapter!