Chapter 17

During this time, the Boss had gotten into a car accident which resulted the car burning in flames and him to die. That chapter of Jai's life was now closed and he could live free now without a worry in the world. Or so he thought.

4hours later
Jai POV

"Hi are you the relatives of Adela?"

I sat up.

"Yes I'm her boyfriend and this is a family friend. Is she gonna be okay?"

"Yes she's going to be fine. She is resting in ICU and is going to recover just well. She's a strong little lady."

I sigh with relief.

"So the bullet didn't hurt her in a way did it?"

"Well it's not the bullet that hurt her."

"What do you mean?" I say as I'm starting to panic.

"Well as the bullet hit her stomach there's 3 parts that separate itself from the bullet and they need to be removed right away. I was able to remove them but one was located near her heart so I went to remove it but I found something else besides that."

My heart dropped.

"What did you find?"

"Is she aware that she has cancer in her heart?"

I froze in shock.
I couldn't take this.

Derek spoke up for me.

"No, no she didn't but is she going to be okay?"

"Well I did run some tests and I did the best I could but I couldn't remover it. She's going to need a heart transplant. Chemotherapy won't help. The cancer is too advanced."

His words broke my heart. She had cancer. My Adela had cancer and was going to die unless she got a new heart.

"So what do we do now?" Derek said in shock.

"Well I've placed her on the waiting list but for now she could go home as soon as she recovers from the injuries. The effects of the cancer will slowly start to take effect."

"How long is the waiting list?"

"It's hard to tell. 9months to a year maybe? But in her condition she won't make it past 3 months. I'm sorry but I have to go now."

3 months. That's it. I don't know how I would live with her I'm so broken.

"Jai I'm so sorry to hear all this. She's a strong girl she'll make it."

"He said she won't make it past 3 months and the fucking list takes a year." I cry out.

"It's gonna be okay. Just take it one day at a time. You guys can stay with us here. Just make these months happy for her. With you and her son. Make her happy and she won't have to worry about a thing."

It kills me. It really kills me that I have 3 months to spend with the love of my life and our son.

A thought came to my mind.
I guess I just have to. I'll make these 3 months memorable for her. She'll never forget. I'll make her as happy as can be and make memories with our son. I'll do anything to keep her alive and happy. I can't live without her love.

A/n I just thought of the plot twist as I was writing the story. It really breaks my heart omg💔but please stay tuned as there's much more to come. MUCH MORE!!! And be sure to please check out our other fanfictions. Great day my loves😘 comment vote and share