Chapter 28

2 months later
"Are you ready babe?" Jai tells me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say as I gently grab my 2 month old daughter and strap her in car seat.

Treatment was a success and my heart is back to normal.

A moment of sadness came over me as I wanted to cry but Jai came over to me and hugged me tight.

"It's okay." He knew exactly why I was sad.

"I just wish I could take Lily home with me as well."

" I know me too but we'll get through this. She may not be here with us but she'll always be here in our hearts. And we'll keep her memory alive and when our children are old enough to understand we will tell them."

"You always know the right words to everything. I love you."

"I love you more."
He leans in to kiss me and I kiss back.
Things get quickly heated when lily roars out a huge cry.
I pull away from Jai.

"Awe don't worry baby mommy is here." I say as I grab my little angel from her car seat. I'm so in love with her.

"How are we gonna do this?"

"Do what?"

"The parenting thing. We got a almost 4 year old at home and a 2 month old baby."

"It'll all come naturally. We got this."

"Yeah but the baby stuff and all that. I wasn't here for Adrian so I don't know shit."

"Language." I say to him as I'm feeding the baby a bottle.

"Sorry."

" I did this before and we have your Mom with us now. She offered to help us whenever we need it."

"God I love her so much."
He says as he gently takes Faith from my arms and straps her back in her car seat.

*back home*
"MOMMY ILL BE IN THE BACK YARD."

"Okay son." Jai calls out as he carries her car seat back in the house."

"Wow everything looks great and baby ready" I say as I see a set up high chair in the kitchen which won't be in use till she's 6 months.

"Yeah Beau was eager to set it up already and my Mom added a few touches to her nursery."

"Great. I always value anything your Mom think is needed."

He smiles at me as he grabs Faith and holds her in his arms.

"Let's go outside." I say to Jai as I hand him an extra blanket for the baby cause it's kinda windy outside.

We're sitting on the chairs and Faith is in her swing rocker. (Whatever you call those things babies use) and Adrian is playing on his playground Luke and Beau got him.

"How did all this happen again?" I ask Jai looking at him.

"How did what happen?"

"How did I fall in love with such an amazing man?"

He smiles and laughs.

"Well back in Los Angeles California
About 4 years ago, I recall you moved in the house next door to mine and I kidnapped you forcing you to accompany me on a trip to transport some illegal substances to Washington DC in which during the time you hated me with a passion yet were still sexually attracted to me in which over time you learned to love me before we had our first encounter meant but then karma caught up with me and I had to go away for 3 years in which you gave birth to a male offspring of mine and we are now based in Melbourne Australia with a new baby girl." He said.

He stared at me for a while and we both bursted out laughing.
The baby cooed a bit which caused me and Jai to shut our mouths.

"Not a Modern love story but it'll do."
I say to my husband.

I lean in to kiss him and he looks at me.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and make more babies."

"We just had one not to long ago and I'm recovering from cardiac Cancer. Can we wait a bit ?"

"I can live with that." He smiles at me.

"SOMEONE HELP ME DOWN THE SLIDE!" Adrian screams.

Then Faith roars out another cry indicating it's time for a diaper change.

"Which one will you take?" Jai asks me

"You take the baby. It'll be good practice." I tell him.

"Fair enough babe." He kisses me.

I look at the sky wondering if Lily is watching over us as crazy as it sounds. I smile and walk over to my son and ready as ever for new adventures life brings me, my 2 beautiful kids, and most of all, the criminal I fell in love with.

~
😭THE END! I almost cried writing the last chapter but I seriously loved it! Comment if you think I should write a sequel. And on a personal note, my aunt had cancer in her heart 8 years ago but lost the battle. She was a fighter!!!! Anyways thanks so much for reading my loves and stay tuned cause I'm brewing up a new fanfic! Feel free to message us any ideas!