(6) Getting LIT LITerally

(fan cover by bouquinerie)

Part of me says going up north with my new best friend and her entire squad was a good idea. The other part is stabbing the first part in the face with my new stilettos I managed to forget at home. Not a pretty sight.

"Lex, you ready yet?" Elle calls from inside the bathroom.

"Uhm, well, about that." I call back before running a hand through my hair. Currently, I am sitting on the small bed in our room looking through the bag of stuff I packed. At the time, I thought I had packed way to much shit. Looking through it now, I realized just how much more shit I actually need, than the amount I currently have.

Elle walks out of the bathroom. She looks flawless, her tanned skin complimented well with a short bohemian dress and black wedges. Meanwhile I sit, legs crossed on the bed, procrastinating life.

Damn, just realized how many people would've commented "same" if I was a famous internet blogger or something. I should really get on that.

"Okay, well the place we're going is reserved so it'll only be us there. There's a pool, so you need a swimsuit obviously, and there-"

"Wait how do you even afford all of this?" I question.

"Well," She continues, "Mase pays. His dad is totally loaded."

I nod. Okay well now at least I know where he gets all the narcississticness from. Stupid kid. He needs a cranious rectosis. He probably could pay for it too, with all his wealth. And you? Well. You need a dictionary to keep up with my extensive vocabulary.

I'm sure if you talked to Mason, you could scrounge up some cash as quick as a flick of the hair and a flirtatious grin in his direction.

The funny thing is, that wasn't meant to be a joke.

I look down towards the bed. Elle has now thrown various combinations of clothing onto it.

"Try them on."

And with those three words, I spend the next half hour complying to her demand.

-

An hour of hell a.k.a hair and makeup later, I'm declared ready.

My outfit which was thankfully not selected by me, consists of a plain black bikini top and bottom, covered by a teal sundress and gold sunglasses and flip flops. Classy if I do say so myself.

"Eyyyyyyyy damn girl!" Parker walks in with a smirk. Elle rolls her eyes at him.

I stifle a chuckle. How I thought they were a couple, at one point, before I knew they were siblings, I have no clue.

Elle sighs, before walking to the bathroom.

"So," Parker grins at me as he plops cross legged on my bed, "You excited for tonight?"

"What would be tonight?"

"A campfire with us of course." He chuckles.

"Elle!" I practically scream.

She cracks the door open before turning back to the mirror and applying yet another coat of lip gloss, "Yes?"

"I sacrificed a solid hour and a half and conformed to wearing this frilly dress looking thing for a campfire, with your better half, a flirty fuckboy, and a guy who looks like he wants to kill the living hell out of me?"