1

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I put my brown wavy hair up in a messy bun on that sat on the top of my head. I threw on a sweatshirt and then walked to my living room and sat on my couch, in my apartment, watching tv as I heard my phone go off. I saw that it was my boyfriend Aaron Carpenter.

A-Aron💞:  hey Penelope, can I come over?

Penelope😍: yea, of corse, see you in 10?

A-Aron💞:  aight see you then. 

I put my phone aside and continued to watch How To Get Away With Murder on my tv. I heard the door open, knowing it was Aaron, because he was the only other person with a key to my condo, I yelled a hello. He walked down the hallway and into the living room at the back of the house where I was and sat down next to me. I looked up at him and he didn't have the cheerful facial expression on his face like usual. "Is everything alright?" I asked him. He looked down at me, into my light brown eyes, and shook his head. "We need to talk..." He said. 

"W-what about?" I stuttered as I felt my heart race faster.

"Us." he spoke, looking down then back up at me. "I don't think we should see each other anymore." He said, not even trying to soften the bomb he just dropped on me. 

"W-what why?" I asked him.

"It doesn't feel the same anymore." He spoke. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him. "It's not like we lost contact between each other, we just talked earlier today and had a date two-"

"It's not that we've lost connection...." He spoke, then sighed. 

"Then what is it?" I asked him. Aaron stayed quiet, keeping a secret from me. "Is there someone else?" I asked in a quiet voice, barely even audible. Aaron looked down onto his lap and didn't reply. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as my heart broke within me. "How long?" I asked him. "How long have you been seeing her?" I asked him, trying my best to keep a serious face and not break out in tears. Aaron shook his head. I stood up before raising my voice, "You cheated on me behind my back Aaron, the least you could do is tell me how long you've been stabbing me in the back!" I yelled at him. 

"THREE MONTHS OKAY?!?!" Aaron yelled throwing his hands up into the air. Three months....

I turned around so my face was facing him. I put my face in my hands and cried silently. I heard him stand up from the couch and wrap his arms around me. I pushed them off harshly, not wanting to look at him. "I'm sorry." He said. Sorry my ass, if he was sorry he shouldn't have done it in the first place. I heard his footsteps depart as I stood there, crying into my hands. I soon feel back onto the couch and curled up into a ball.

He threw away four years together, as easily as a snap of my fingers. I was hurt, more than anyone could ever imagine.