33

"Hold, hold on, hold onto me.Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little unsteady. Hold, hold on, hold onto me 'Cause I'm a little unsteady A little unsteady. Mother, I know. That you're tired of being alone. Dad, I know you're trying. To fight when you feel like flying. But if you love me, don't let go. If you love me, don't let go. Hold, hold on, hold onto me. 'Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little unsteady. Hold, hold on, hold onto me. 'Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little unsteady. Hold, hold on, hold onto me. 'Cause I'm a little unsteady. A little unsteady" I cried as i listened to Unsteady by X Ambassadors and thought about Shawn and all the memories I've had with him. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11pm. 

"One more hour of this horrific day." I spoke to myself. "One more you can do it." I said. I got up and walked to my backyard, sitting on the swing on my back porch. I sat there in silence as i stared at the stormy clouds in the sky. I heard a twig break nearby causing me to jump, my heart racing. It was soon silent and I calmed down. I heard a clap of thunder and my heart started to race again. "hello?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked around and said, "Whos there." 

Shawn soon appeared from around the corner then walked towards me. I made eye contact with him as he walked up to me. "Shawn." I spoke under my breath, my eyes filling with tears. 

"Happy one year anniversary." He spoke, handing me a bouquet of red roses. I stood up and held them in my hands. 

"H-how.... how are you here." i said. "You're supposed to be on tour." I spoke.

"what, only you can leave?" he spoke, chuckling to try and break the awkwardness. I stood there and stared at the beautiful roses. "I would never miss this day for anything." he spoke, cupping my chin and tilting my head to face him. "Not even my fans." he said. I stared into his brown eyes and cried. I put down the roses on the swing then hugged him tightly, crying into his chest. I felt his strong arms wrap around me tightly. We hugged each other as if the wind would take us away from each other if we let go. 

"I love you so much." he spoke as he let go of me. "And I'd do anything to be with you, to see your smile, to hear your laugh and feel your loving presence." He said as he took out a small black box.

"SHAWN!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry it's not a a proposal." he said as he propped open the little black box, to reveal a key. "I want to come home every day to see your gorgeous smile and talk to you until the sun rises the next day and be able to shower you with kisses the next morning.." he spoke, "Penelope, would you like to move in with me?" he asked. I smiled wide and nodded. 

"I'd love to." i said as I grabbed the key and gave him a hug. "I missed you." I whispered.

"I missed us." he whispered.