4

Shawn's POV

I continued to take people's orders, and give them their drinks as i miserably did my job for the day, finding myself looking at the door every time it opens, hoping its Penelope that walks in next. I sighed as I looked at the clock and saw that happy hour was half over. There was no one here other than a couple in the corner, who kept sucking each other's faces off every other minute. I sneaked to the back room where we keep all the coffee and sat on a chair and took out my phone. I clicked on my messages and hit Penelope's name, typing in a text.

Shawn: Hey cutie😉

I went onto Vine after I sent the text, as I waited for a reply back. I looked at the stats of my recent posts on Vine, all of them covers of songs that were popular, one of them was a 7 second bit of an original I've been working on called The Life Of The Party. my covers got my normal amount of likes and revines but my original got over 5K likes and 2K revines. I gasped as i saw this and almost dropped my phone from excitement. I heard the door open and saw my boss walk in. "Shawn." he said sternly. 

"Oh h-hello sir," i stuttered as I jumped up from my seat. 

"How many times do I have to say you cannot come back here and take some personal time, there are people out there that want drinks!" he said, raising his voice. "Now get out there and continue doign your job before I decide to fire you." 

"I'm sorry sir." I said as I kept my head low and walked to my station. I looked around and saw no one here. I groaned as I rolled my eyes. I took out my phone once again when my boss went into his little office and saw that I got a text from Penelope.

Penelope: Aye, what's up?

I smiled as I typed a reply to send back to her. 

Shawn: Nothin much, just dying of boredom at work, how 'bout u?

Penelope: Just laying in bed... still in my Pjs and listening to music😁

Shawn: Ugh I'm jealous.

Penelope: At least ur getting money for what ur doin

Shawn: ik but working here sucks.

Penelope: What how, Starbucks is my life.

"MENDES WHAT DID I SAY!" I suddenly saw my life flash before my eyes as I heard my boss's voice boom at me. I dropped my phone as I jumped and looked up at my boss. "ONCE MORE AND YOUR FIRED MENDES!" he yelled. "ONCE MORE!"

"S-sorry" I stuttered as I picked up my phone from the ground, flipping it around to see my screen. "Great." I muttered as I saw the big crack in my phone screen. I rubbed the dirt and dust off my phone and put it back in my pocket. I stood behind the cash register and waited impatiently for someone to walk in. 

Penelope's POV

"Remember those two boys at Starbucks two days ago??" Willow asked me through the phone. 

"Yea, Grayson and Ethan." I said. "What about them."

"Grayson and I have been talking and him and his brother were wondering if we wanted to go watch a movie with them tomorrow and maybe go to the park or something after." She said.

"Oh." I said. "Well um-" I managed to say before she cut me off. 

"Cmon pleaseeeee, I think I actually have a chance with Grayson, pleaseeee for mee?" She begged me.

"Fine." i said, "but if this is an attempt for me to get another boyfriend and move on from Aaron, it's not gonna work."

"Phtttt whaaaattttt" She said, "Okay gotta go bye!" She said extremely fast then ended the call.