28

I laid in my bed as I rolled around in the middle of the night. I groaned as I grabbed my phone and saw that it was 5am. I sighed as I got out of bed, hopping off the top bunk, giving up on sleep. I walked to the back of the bus, closing the doors behind me. I turned on the lights so they were a dim purple but weren't very bright. I sat on the couch and stared out the window as I stared to see a little bit of sunlight peeking though the horizon.

I stared off into the distance as I thought about Shawn and I. I was extremely proud of him pursuing his dream and meeting the people that he makes happy every single day but I feel like we don't spend that much time together anymore. He's always writing songs, talking with Andrew, on stage or getting ready to get on stage or sleeping. I feel like we're kinda loosing our spark. I want to talk to him about it but I don't want him to worry about it, on top of everything else he's already stressed about.

I heard the door open and I looked over to see Gillinsky standing there, wearing only a pair of joggers and holding two mugs in his hand. "hey." I said.

"morning," He said as he sat down next to me. "can't sleep?" he asked, I shook my head as a response. "Here, try some of this tea boo" he spoke, handing me a mug. I thanked him then took a sip. Jack put his arm on the back of the couch, right behind me. His hand was rested near my shoulder so he started to play with my hair that rested on it. "What's wrong boo?" he asked me. I shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it. "I can tell something's wrong Penelope." He spoke, "Bottling it up is just going to make it worse." he spoke, putting his forehead on the top of my head.

"It's just..." i said, then sighed then looked down at my lap. "I feel like Shawn focuses on his career more than me. I don't want to sound selfish but-"

"But you feel like a shadow." Jack said, cutting me off and finishing my sentence. I nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely proud of him for following his dream but I just... feel like we're drifting away and I don't want to loose him." I spoke, staring down at my lap. I felt his right arm wrap around me and pull me closer than him. I put my head on his shoulder and Jack said, "It's okay," he spoke in a quiet voice into my head. We sat in a peaceful silence as we watched the sunrise together. "You should get some sleep boo." he said, grabbing a pillow and putting it on his lap, patting it to tell me to lay down. I nodded and laid down. Jack hummed a quiet peaceful tone as he played with my hair and I soon fell back to sleep.