13

*a week or so later* 

I woke up to the sound of a faint strumming noise. I opened my eyes to see Shawn's bare back on my phone, as we were facetiming through the night. "Maybe we're just kids in love. Oh baby. If this is what it's like falling in love. Then we don't ever have to grow up. Maybe we're just kids in love. Maybe we're just kids in love. Oh baby. When we're alone and it's the two of us. I can't get enough. I've got it all, yeah. I've got it all, yeah. And I've got it, and I've got it all. And I've got it, and we've got it all. And I've got it, and I've got it all. But I don't ever wanna grow up" Shawn sang, strumming his guitar then stopping. 

I smiled wide as I woke up to the sound of his angelic voice. "That sounded beautiful" i spoke, causing him to jump a little bit. I giggled as he put his guitar aside and moved closer to his phone, laying on his stomach, propping himself up with his elbows. "Thanks, you weren't supposed to hear that though." he said. 

"Why not?" I said as I combed my hand through my hair. 

"It's not done yet." he said.

"Well it sounds beautiful." I said. Shawn thanked me and I said, "I love listening to your originals." causing him to smile wide.

"I've got a gorgeous girl to inspire me." he spoke, causing me to blush. I grabbed my pillow and covered my face, causing Shawn to chuckle. 

I sat up, and hugged my pillow and looked at Shawn on the other side of the screen, smiling at me. "What are you smiling about Mendes?" I asked him. Shawn chuckled then said, "nothin" he spoke.

"You do that a lot you know..." i said, a small smile forming in the corner of my mouth. 

"What?" he asked me.

"Smile or stare then when I ask you what's up you say nothing." I spoke.

"Oh." he said, chuckling, "yea I do that a lot." he spoke, causing me to laugh. I put my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head and Shawn said, "hey gorgeous?" he said, as I brought him over to my vanity and I sat down.

I blushed severely, smiling and butterflies erupting in my stomach. "Yes handsome?" I said. I instantly saw him face light up in happiness, causing me to giggle. 

"Why do you wear makeup?" he asked me.

"What do you mean?"  I asked him, confused.

"you're absolutely beautiful, you don't need makeup." he said, causing me to smile widely and blush, more butterflies erupting in my stomach. 

"Awe thank you." I said. Shawn smiled wide and chuckled. 

~~~~~

*the next day* 

I woke up hearing my phone go off. I groaned as I rolled over and picked up my phone, seeing that it was only 8AM and I had received a few texts from Shawn.

Shawn: rise and shine gorgeous🌞

Shawn: put on something cute, I'll be at your house at 8:30 to pick you up.

I stared at my phone, confused then typed a text back.

Penelope: Why? Where r we goin??

Shawn replied almost instantly.

Shawn: We're going on an adventure😌

Shawn: I'll see you in 30min😉