8

Penelope's POV

I ran down the stairs, trowing my phone in my clutch, as the doorbell rung. I fixed my hair and opened the door and saw Shawn standing there, smiling wide, holding a bouquet flowers of all sorts of varieties. "Good evening gorgeous." he said, causing me to smile, handing me the flowers. 

I thanked him and put the flowers on a small table beside the door. I walked out of my house and Shawn brought me to his car, opening the door for me.  "Aaron would never do that for me. No Penelope stop it." my conscience said, arguing with itself. I thanked Shawn and got in, he closed the door and ran over to the other side of his car and got in. He started up the car and I said, "You've got a nice car, damn" under my breath. 

"Not as nice as my date though." He said quietly as he started to drive. I blushed and looked down at my lap, smiling ever so slightly. 

"So what are we doing this lovely evening Mr. Mendes?" I asked, when I looked up at him. 

"I was thinking head back to my place and have a picnic in my backyard?" He said, asking if that was okay. I smiled wide and nodded, agreeing. 

"Wonderful." He said, smiling wide, as he drove, stopping at a red light. He looked over at me and stared into my eyes, chuckling. 

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said, looking back at the road, turning the corner and pulling up to a gorgeous house. Damn is there something he doesn't have? We walked into his house and saw his grand living room. "Damn." i said under my breath as I saw everything. He could afford all this on a Starbucks salary?

"This is nothing," he spoke, leading me to the backyard, which had a red plaid colored picnic cloth on it and a picnic basket. The plants nearby were lit with small fairy lights. Shawn and I sat down and he opened the basket and took out a plate of fruit kababs in different shapes and set it down. He then took out two sandwiches and handed me one. I thanked him and took a bite. "mmmm" i said.

"Good?" He asked me. 

I nodded then said, "Damn your a chef too?" Which caused him to chuckle. We continued to eat in a peaceful silence. Once I finished my sandwich I grabbed a fruit kabab and took a bite out of it. I looked over at Shawn and he was already staring at me. "What?" I asked him. 

"Nothin." he said, chuckling. I continued eating my fruit kabab and Shawn chuckled again. I looked at him again and he was looking down at his lap, shaking his head. "What?" I asked him again. 

"It's nothin." He said. 

"That's the third time Shawn, what's up?" I asked him. He looked up at me, staring into my eyes and smiled. 

"Just thinking." he spoke.

"about?" I asked him, moving closer to him.

"Nothin important." he spoke.

~~~~~

Shawn and I sat on his couch, watching Mean Girls in the dark when I heard Shawn yawn and move in his seat. I soon felt an arm wrap around me, causing my stomach to erupt with butterflies. "Aaron would never do that either. No Penelope, he left you he doesn't deserve you." My conscience argued with itself again. I looked up at him and he continued watching the movie, pretending as if nothing happened and I put my head on his shoulder. I felt him rest his head on top of mine and I felt my butterflies get more intense, causing me to tense up. Shawn must've felt me tense up because he removed his head from mine. "Goddamnit Penelope." the voice in my mind said, yelling at me.