31

I stood at the merch booth, watching the show from afar when I saw Shawn walk on stage, the crowd going wild. He sat on a tall stool and said, "So today I decided to sing a song that I've been listening to a lot these past couple of days." He said, looking down. He started to strum the guitar and then started to sing into the mic. "You and I, We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky. With you, I'm alive Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide. So stop time right here in the moonlight, Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes. Without you, I feel broke. Like I'm half of a whole. Without you, I've got no hand to hold. Without you, I feel torn. Like a sail in a storm. Without you, I'm just a sad song. I'm just a sad song. With you I fall. It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes up on the wall. With you I'm a beautiful mess. It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears up on the edge. So stop time right here in the moonlight, Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes. Without you, I feel broke. Like I'm half of a whole. Without you, I've got no hand to hold. Without you, I feel torn. Like a sail in a storm. Without you, I'm just a sad song. You're the perfect me-melody. The only har-harmony..." He sang, with tears running down his cheek. He stopped singing and broke down into tears. "I-I'm sorry." he apologized. The crowed 'awwed.' "I'm sorry." he said then walked off stage. 

The crowd went silent then Cameron walked on stage, "So um... Shawn's going through something right now so he can't finish his song." He spoke, the crowed booed. "I-I'm sorry." He said, then the crowd booed louder. I felt horrible for Cameron having to stand up there,

"I-I'll sing!" I spoke. Everyone in the crowd turned and saw me then cheered. I walked to the front and stood in front of the crowd. Cameron put his hand on top of the mic, "Are you sure, this is a big group of people." He whispered into my ear.

"Yea, I got it." I spoke. He handed the mic off to me then said, "Good luck. I thanked him then I put the mic on the stand and sat down on the stool. "Hey guys," i spoke, "I'm Penelope."  i spoke, the crowed cheered. "I d-don't know what song to sing." I spoke, chuckling our of nervousness. The crowd started to yell songs out as recommendations. Jack soon ran on stage and handed me his lucky guitar, "You know what to do." he spoke.  I smiled then looked down at the guitar. I got myself ready then started to strum the guitar, singing Photograph. The fans in the crowd put their arms in the air, waving them back and forth. Halfway into the song, I felt much more confident and kept singing, my voice getting louder. 

~~~~~

Everyone congratulated me as we left the venue, giving me hugs and congratulations, saying I should do it again and that the fans loved me. I giggled and thanked them as I got onto the bus. I sat on my bed then sighed. I knew what I had to do now.