twenty four

krista's pov

"Ms. Roberts!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Mrs. Butterfield who called me just now. "Y-yes, Mrs. Butterfield?"

"You seem distracted. Please focus on me," she snapped and I quickly nodded. Was I too distracted?

I still can't believe Jin came back from Korea last night. I wasn't even informed, so how come? When did he come here? I have a lot of questions for him but it looks like he doesn't have time to talk to me yet.

I just came back from school today and I absolutely missed a lot of activities and lessons so I had to do make-up classes. I'm hating the feeling.

I tried to focus on my class but I can't help remembering Seokjin. It's like he teleported from Korea to California real quick. Unbelievable.

All of a sudden, my phone vibrated from my pocket and I shuddered by its feeling. I looked around, checked if someone was looking at me. Fortunately, no one was gazing on me so I took out my phone and checked the reason why my phone vibrated.

There is a text from Seokjin, asking me if I could eat at a restaurant with him later after my dismissal. I texted him back, telling him that I will and I'll just head to the restaurant.

There's also a text message from Jungkook, asking me how I am right now. I told him I'm fine. I wanted our class to end immediately. I couldn't wait to eat with Jin anymore.

jin's pov

I waited for Krista at the restaurant I wanted to try at. She's almost fifteen minutes late and I'm starting to get hungry already. I'm impatient when it comes to food but since it's Krista, then I am willing to wait.

"Jin," someone called from behind and I looked around until I saw Krista's figure. She's gotten thinner lately.

"Hey," I smiled warmly on her as I pulled out a chair for her.

"Hi," she said quietly as she sat on the chair. She thanked me quietly as I pulled out the chair for her. I ordered food for the both of us before I start a conversation with her.

"Krista, how are you?" I asked. I felt nervous and my broad shoulders started to stiffen a bit.

"I'm fine, how about you?"

"I'm good—"

"By the way, why didn't you tell me you were coming back to California?"

"I was supposed to tell you but you instantly ended the call. You also didn't answer my messages so I just thought of surprising you. Were you even surprised?" I told her.

"Y-yeah, I was surprised. I wasn't ready though," she half-whispered, half-yelled. I just snorted and looked at her small face.

The silence became awkward and we weren't looking at each other. We were not like this before. She used to tell me weird stuff about her and I missed those times.

"Irene wants me back, Krista," I muttered as I felt my stomach clench.

"Oh—" she paused. She sighed and looked down on the floor. "Do you still like her?"

No, Krista. You're the one I'm starting to grow my feelings from now on.

"O-of course not," I conjectured. "I-I'm not into girls nowadays."