thirty six

krista's pov

I know—I became so distant with Jin, but he should've told me that he left his apartment. He should've told me that he would be back in Korea for his career. He should've told me that he'll be on a hiatus.

I mean, we shifted subjects so we aren't classmates that's why I didn't have any idea that he left in California. I mean, it's such a stupid act of me that I followed Jungkook's orders to not talk to Jin anymore. I was just scared that Jungkook would leave me because I already love him.

I know there's a small possibility that Jin would notice me on his social media accounts because, look, he's famous while I'm just a simple person who has a nice scholarship and a boyfriend who's apparently, very overprotective and an over-thinker yet is very loyal and nice.

Speaking of Jungkook, he's calling on my phone right now. I decided to accept his call because it's been a week since we had an argument; which was about that freaking emoji.

I closed the door of my locker and placed my phone on my ear. It took us ten seconds of silence before someone decided to talk.

"Hey," Jungkook murmured. I inhaled a huge amount of air and exhaled on it, my heart pounding faster than before. God, I realized just now how I missed Jungkook so much. I missed his voice, I miss his face, I miss his hand holding mine, I miss everything.

"Jungkook, I missed you," I stuttered, leaning on the locker as I put my leg over my right one. I heard him sigh and groan.

It took us another ten seconds before he decided to speak. I swear-our conversation's becoming so awkward than I thought it would ever be. I didn't know why we became awkward; maybe because of our argument that happened a week ago. I've ignored his calls these past few days which made me feel conscience all of a sudden.

"Uh—Krista, where are you?" he asked as I felt the urge to smile. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking."

"I don't mind at all. I'm in school right now, on the way home," I told him.

"Do you mind if you wait for me? I'll go there right now. I want to talk to you," I heard him sigh.

"Y—yeah, I will wait for you," I said nicely. With that, he ended the call and I headed to the parking lot, where there are benches and where my car is parked.

As I sat on an available bench, I looked up to the sky and appreciated the beauty of the nature. The air hit my face which made my hair to fly to the atmosphere. An airplane passed by the sky which made me think of Seokjin. I remembered those days when we both went to Korea and he treated me.

I remembered those days when we get to sleep together in the same bed and we would just tell stories about our lives. Those were the days when we also ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him to different restaurants. I also happened to be Jin's partner in one shooting and guess what, I was half-naked in there. But anyway, it doesn't matter. I need to forget all those stuff that happened between us. I only had a one-sided love.

All of a sudden, my thoughts were cleared away as someone tapped my shoulder, and as I looked around, Jungkook was beside me, standing with his hoodie on. He placed his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie and whistled.

"Hey," I breathed as I patted the available space in the bench. He looked at it and sat as he knew the sign I was trying to give him.

"Krista, I—" he stopped talking for a moment; hesitating for what he was about to say. "Look, I—uh—I'm sorry."