twenty six

jin's pov

"Krista," I whispered. I could see her standing on the other corner but the fog made me barely see her.

"Jin, am I really just a friend?" her voice started to wander everywhere.

"Yes, I think," I answered.

"Well―I don't like you anymore," she frowned. "I like someone else now. In fact, he's my boyfriend now."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked her, so curious to why she's doing this to me.

"Well, I want you to realize that you're completely losing an important person right now and that's―"

I opened my eyes and literally gasped. I felt myself sweating a lot and found myself hard to breath at this moment.

This is, by far, the weirdest dream I've ever had in my whole life.

I sat up from my bed and felt a huge headache. I groaned loudly as I felt so weird.

I was drunk last night. I remembered drinking glasses of beer and talked to some strangers.

Why am I being like this? Being drunk is not my thing―I don't know what has gotten into me. I'm not like myself anymore.

"Stupid Seokjin," I fumed as I held onto my head. I stood up and told myself to get my ass up and wake up to the reality because I still have to do my thesis and the deadline is later. I grabbed my medicine kit once I've entered my bathroom and took an aspirin.

Once I've finished taking the pill, I went back to my bedroom and took my phone to see my notifications. By surprise, I saw a text message from Krista which shocked me because it was very sudden for me.

I freaked out once I remembered that she was the one who I dreamt about. Damn, I really hope that my dream wasn't going to happen in my real life. Now I'm getting worried if that guy she was with last night is her boyfriend.

Out of all notifications, I opened Krista's messages first and read them all before I'd send a message.

Krista

jin!! were you okay last night? you passed out on your front door last night. you seemed pretty drunk. i'm worried :(((
sent 6:51 am

Hey Krista. Yeah, I'm pretty fine. You don't have to worry about me.
sent 11:42 am
Krista...hey, do you already have a boyfrien|

I immediately hit the backspace and didn't send the message I was supposed to ask her since I feel pretty shy about it. I'm hating this feeling. I feel like I'm the one who's getting the hopes now.

All of a sudden, my phone vibrated and checked to see if Krista already replied. Luckily, it was her.

Krista

i'm coming over whether you like it or nah
sent 11:44 am

I felt myself panic and before I could even reply to her, someone already knocked. I groaned while I put my hand on my face.

Nevertheless, I opened it since I have no choice and Krista was in front of the door with a paper bag on her hand.

"Food, for us," she said, handing me the paper bag, food from McDonald's to be exact, and furrowed my eyebrows.

"T-thanks," I stammered, really feel like I'm not myself already. "C-come i-in."

She went inside my house with a worried look plastered on her face. "What happened to you last night, Jin? Please open up. In fact, we're best friends."

"Why should I tell you?" I demanded, sounding more like I am scoffing to her. "S-sorry, didn't mean to sound like th―"

"You have to tell me because you left me worried! Jin, you always make me worry, damn it. You should speak up and at least tell me why you were so damn drunk out there and literally passed out," she replied in a harsh tone. I saw her eyes widen when she spoke and it caught me off guard.

"I was simply drunk because I wanted to," I told her, not looking on her eyes but directly to the floor. I know I'm lying.

"But drinking is not even your style, Jin! Get your ass up and please tell me the actual reason why you're being like this!" she stood up as she roared at me which left me scared.

I couldn't tell her the actual reason that I was drunk last night because of her. I was drunk because I really felt like I'm losing hope to have Krista mine. I was drunk because I felt like Krista's already in a relationship with that Jungkook guy. I was drunk because I feel like I'm already being distant to her. I was drunk because I think that I'm slowly falling for her, Krista.

"I was drunk because I was so stressed with school and I felt like I needed to chill for a while to kill time and not think about academics," I told her. I hope she believes on that.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Wow, you must be really stressed then. You should've told me that though," she said while raising her eyebrows.

"I―well, yeah. I didn't have time to tell you," I felt a lump on my throat as I told her that. I'm freaking lying and I hate the feeling.

"Eat up, Jin. Don't stress yourself out please. You're making me so damn worried. Sorry I became mad at you earlier, I was just so stressed as well and now you making me worry adds up my stress," she sighed.

"Sorry," that was all I could say.

Why can't I tell her the truth? Why can't I tell her the fucking truth? Why is it so hard for me to confess? I'm a boy, after all. I can confess, I also have the rights to confess, but why can't I?

"Krista, I―" I stopped. "N-nevermind, just eat with me."

author's note

it's all about the seokjin's pov
sorry for the slow updates omfg
but ily all, is2g :')