five

five: truth shall set you free

Agony; it's an extreme mental or physical suffering. Krista felt like her heart had been stabbed several times, making her feel like she deserved all the pain she endures. She's aware that she becomes a bitch when it comes to Casper but she sure as hell knows that she doesn't cheat to Casper. Love can hit you karma but not for Krista. What on Earth did she do?

Pounding the door loudly in front of Seokjin's door, Krista hoped he would help him. Seokjin would be annoyed as hell for sure but his neighbor, who also became his friend, seemed desperate. Obviously, he woke up from the loud pound coming from his door. He did not expect for her to show up in front of his room at midnight; at around two in the morning to be exact. The feeling of exasperation he felt the moment he woke up suddenly faded away. He was immediately worried by the time he saw Krista bawling her eyes out in front of him at two in the morning.

"Krista, what the hell happened?" Seokjin asked her, sounding bothered yet clueless as to what's happening. Krista wasn't able to speak continuously, obviously stammering from her loud muffles.

"Jin," she breathed out, trying to process the words she wanted to tell Seokjin. Letting the words out from her mouth is really hard. She gulped the heavy feeling down her throat and began to speak again; came out more of a stutter. "Jin."

"Tell me, Krista. I'm here," Seokjin attempted to assuage Krista by hugging her — if that's even going to help the case. He asked the same question to Krista again, "What happened?"

Krista couldn't breathe well; she's suffering from her heartbreak at the moment, wheezing her tears out from her eyes. She wanted to make her words short, so she bluntly made a request to Seokjin, "Please... please bring me to my boyfriend's car, now."

Seokjin was alarmed, knowing that everything is not all right for Krista. If this girl is crying so hard because of her boyfriend, then Seokjin knows that everything ain't right. He tried to thhink of a way on how to make the situation calmer but unfortunately, he gave up. "Okay. H— How do I get you to—"

"Call a cab now," Krista answered rapidly which made Seokjin shudder. Krista couldn't stop crying— Seokjin needed to act fast, not slow. "Please, Seokjin, please. If I come there by myself, I might go crazy."

Krista buried her head on Seokjin's chest, leaving a stain of tears on his shirt. He didn't care about the stain anyway. He's too busy worrying about Krista especially that it's his first time seeing her cry like this. He let the both of them inside his house, asking her to sit down on his white couch as he grabbed his phone to book a cab in Uber. While waiting, he sat beside her and asked what happened, once again.

Krista showed the picture her classmate sent her through Twitter, almost convinced that this is probably the reason why Casper and Dara couldn't hang out with her for a month now. The picture looked disgusting, horrifying, and traumatizing. Seokjin looked aghast after the seeing the picture. Krista's hands were already shaking as she began sobbing anew. "Seokjin, it looks like he's cheating, right?"

"Unfortunately, yeah. As much as I hate to admit it, I'll tell you the harsh reality so— he's probably cheating," Seokjin was so blunt to his words yet he was feeling upset just by saying it. The cab finally came and the both of them took the ride. The driver began driving but the music the radio was playing made Krista tear up more— Unconditionally by Katy Perry, unfortunately.

"Sir... Sir, would you mind changing the song?" Seokjin politely asked, deep inside afraid of what he's going to answer. It was an awkward situation for the three of them so the driver just closed the radio, probably wondering why this girl cries hysterically at this hour. Seokjin kept rubbing Krista's shoulder, the girl weeping her tears out. "Maybe it's just a misunderstanding. You guys should talk first so you could confirm things before deciding. But if it's true, then I guess you should break up with him for the better. But hey, it's just my opinion. I'll just support your decision. Geez, I suck at comforting people, sorry."

"Thank you, Jin," Krista replied in between sobs. The absence is the soul that's about to be alive in her existence— that supposes to make her feel energetic. It doesn't work for Krista at this moment. Minutes passed and the cab finally reached the destination where Casper lives. Krista left Seokjin alone, paying for the fare, as she ran away from the cab. Krista trusted Seokjin that he'd follow her eventually.

Room 254.

There, she's in front of Casper's room. She tried to turn the knob, surmising if he left it open or not. She turned the knob, opening the door widely, and revealed Casper kissing Dara on her lips, trying to hoist her up on the counter before Krista surprised the both of them.

Krista felt grief and utter sadness, gripping on her shirt—where the heart is. How can both of the most important people in Krista's life betray her? How did Dara have the guts to do this to Krista? How did Casper deceive Krista? Krista didn't know. They were having a make-out session, for goodness' sake!

"Krista, it's not what you're think—" Casper was interrupted by Krista from what he was about to say because she already knows what he's going to say; it's not what you're thinking, you dumb-ass shit. Krista couldn't stop herself from crying, covering her mouth with her own hand to prevent herself from screaming; her heart was aching as hell. Seokjin, on the other hand, finally reached the second floor from the stairs and sighed in relief— which he shouldn't be relieved because the first thing he saw was Krista losing her shit. He was about to guide Krista from squatting but it was too late. She ran towards Casper and hardly punched his arm several times.

"How dare you do this to me," she howled, certainly weak and tired. "I never cheated on you, Casper. I never fucking did."

Krista took a glance at Dara and she was plainly appalled at her, tempted to hit her and go violent so she grabbed the nearest vase just beside her, where the table was placed. She was about to throw the vase on the both of them out of anger but Seokjin suddenly grabbed her wrist, preventing her from doing a brutal thing. She looked at him and softened immediately. She almost forgot the fact that Seokjin is with her. She placed the vase back on the table and began crying again. She's exhausted from all the shit; wanting to go somewhere far from the quandary.

She turned around, ready to leave the apartment along with Seokjin, and began walking. Casper called her name several times but she didn't listen anymore. Dismal— that's how she is right now. Seokjin, still bothered as ever, guided her from going down the stairs since she might not be herself. 

"Hey, Krista. Are you all right?" Seokjin whispered, still rubbing her back. Oh, how stupid of me to ask. Obviously she isn't okay, hell. He wanted to facepalm himself at this moment because he believes that it is not how comforting someone should be, he's a stupid one right now. Krista didn't say anything for a moment and they were both standing in front of the apartment building.

Krista remained from weeping out, still unable to control her feelings. Seokjin huffed loudly— he had to do something but he obviously has no idea what makes Krista happy or what her soft side is. All he could do was to accompany her. Right, speaking of accompany, Seokjin found a way.

"I know now. I'll bring you somewhere you could let your feelings out. That helped me before so I hope it could help you too," Seokjin suggested, still hugging Krista. The sad girl only nodded.

[revised: 071117]