Chapter 9

Thank you for all the votes and comments. I was really worried that this story wouldn't be liked due to the content so the response I have received has surprised me! I hope you all continue to read, I'm going to try and make the updates more frequent from now on but if I don't please be patient. I actually plan the entire chapter out before writing it, unlike some of my stories which are written without a set plan in mind.

•••

The school day passed quicker than Lorna would have liked and before she knew it she was walking out of the school gates and heading home.

She dreaded what waited for her when she got home, especially after the brief conversation she and her father had before school.

"Don't be late this evening sweetheart. We have a special guest coming over." Blake White said causally as he sipped his coffee.

"Who's the special guest?" She asked as she placed a plate of pancakes in front of him.

"None of your business."

She sighed. "Right whatever." She mumbled.

"Make sure you dress nicely though, he wants to...please you both." He said with a smirk.

"I'm going to school." She said trying not to think about what he meant by those words, although she was pretty sure she knew what he meant.

She wanted to take her time walking home but with her Dad not being at work, she knew he would be at home waiting for her.

She was only halfway home she heard someone calling her name.

"Lorna, wait up!"

She recognised the voice but turned around briefly to make sure.

Daryl was jogging towards her dragging his battered school bag behind him. He was still in the same state as he as that morning when they spoke.

"You...walk...too...fast." He said breathing heavily as he caught up with her.

"I need to get home." She stated as she continued walking quickly.

"No you don't." He stated.

"Yes, I do."

"You don't have to go back there to him." Daryl said.

"Oh yeah? Where would I go then?" She asked as she stopped and turned around quickly causing him to bump into her for the second time that day.

"Don't you have other family?" He asked as he took a step back.

She scoffed. "None that care." She said, turning back around and walking away quickly making Daryl have to jog a few steps to catch up again.

"You could stay with me." He suggested but when she shot him an angry glare he knew he had made a mistake. "Shit, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"That seems to be the problem with guys. They don't think, unless it's with their dicks." She spat.

"Hey! We ain't all like that, don't compare us all because of our asshole fathers." He shouted.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, just leave Daryl, I have to go home."

"You can't stay with him."

She slowed down and turned to him again. "And you can't stay with your own father, yet you still do."

He looked down at the floor. "If I could leave, go to another family members house, I would." He stated.

"Me too but we can't, so just put up and shut up. We only have a little over a year until we can get away."

"We could run away...like I suggested before."

She rolled her eyes. "It isn't as simply as packing and bag and driving off into the sunset Daryl. We have no money, no place to go, we're just too stupid teens with fucked up fathers."

"I know some place we can stay. It wouldn't cost anything." He said.

She rolled her eyes and attempted to walk away.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She tensed at the contact and quickly pulled away.

"Sorry, I should have known . I do that too." He said looking down at his feet.

"It's fine." She mumbled.

He nodded slowly and looked back up at her. "Pack your stuff up, tomorrow morning I will pick you up in my truck, we can keep our stuff in there until after school." He said.

She shook her head. "We can't do that Daryl. We can't run away. They'd find us."

Daryl shook his head. "To find us they would have to call the police."

"And?" She asked.

"The police would want to know why we ran. Our fathers won't risk us revealing what they are and what they have done to us."

"So they will just look for us themselves and beat us senseless." She spat. "Great, sounds like a perfect idea." She scoffed.

"We will be long gone before they even know we are missing." Daryl stated.

"Really?" She asked skeptically.

He nodded.

"Where would we go?" She asked.

"Just trust me, okay?"

She bit her lip, thinking about it before nodding slowly. "Okay."

"Really?" He asked.

She nodded. "I trust you." She stated.

He smiled slightly. "I'll pick you up tomorrow then."

She nodded. "Okay."

"Best let you go then, I don't want you getting into trouble."

She nodded again. "See you tomorrow Daryl Dixon."

•••

What do you think Daryl's great plan is?

Is it really great or will it end in disaster?

Vote and comment.