Chapter 33

"Do you think he's in there?" Rick asked, shifting nervously in his seat as the peaked through the trees at an old looking cabin.

"Yeah, it's where he keeps his moonshine. Probably shit faced." Merle said.

"That's a shame, won't feel as much." Daryl said as he grabbed his crossbow and jumped out of the truck with Merle and Rick following.

Merle followed by his side confidentially while Rick stayed to the back, looking around through the trees incase anyone came.

"Knock? Or straight in?" Daryl asked Merle.

Merle scoffed and kicked the door open. The stench of alcohol hung heavily in the air, along with cigarettes and sweat.

"That is not a pleasant smell." Rick mumbled.

"Hey asshole!" Daryl shouted.

The heard stumbling footsteps approach.

"Oh well if it isn't my two favourite sons." Will smirked as he stumbled into the main room. "Where's the other one?" He chuckled. "It dead?" He slurred.

"You piece of shit!" Daryl hissed as he went to lunge at Will, but Merle held him back. "You could have killed her! You left her baby to die! You could have called for help and then done a runner, but you didn't because you're a coward." Daryl shouted, pointing his finger angrily at his father.

"Ain't no coward!" He slurred.

Daryl broke from Merles grasp and hit his father in the jaw, making him stumble back into the wall and drop his jar of alcohol.

"Stupid." Hit. "Bastard!" Daryl hissed as he punched his father twice more in the face.

He stood up again, kicking him in the ribs as he picked up his crossbow and loaded a bolt.

"You going to kill me?" Will spluttered as blood sprayed from his mouth.

"If he don't, I will." Merle said through gritted teeth.

"And what about you?" Will asked looking at Rick.

"Came to watch you suffer. You might as well have been the one forcing those pills down Shane's throat." Rick replied angrily.

"Oh, poor little Shane topped himself." Will chuckled. "Fucking pussy." He laughed.

Merle rolled his eyes and kicked his father in the face, knocking his back against the floor, before grasping at the front of his shirt and punching him twice. "See that? That's for hitting Ma, and this?" He said as he repeatedly punched his father in the stomach. "That's for beating me and Daryl." Merle stood up and stared down at his father before turning to Daryl. "Do it."

Daryl held up his crossbow, his hands shaking as he aimed it as his fathers chest. "This is for Lorna and our baby." Daryl said. "Any last words asshole?"

Will chuckled. "Had her screaming like a whore son. Shame you'll never get a ride." He laughed, wincing in pain, his eyes unfocused as he tried to keep awake.

Daryl's anger only rose and he finally pulled the trigger, hitting his father in the chest.

His father groaned out in even more pain, blood coming from his mouth, as he coughed and choked. Daryl lowered his crossbow not feeling anything for what he had just done before taking the other jars of moonshine and pouring them around his fathers body, and up the walls

Rick and Merle saw what he was doing and did too, before all three left as Will Dixon, choked on his own blood.

"Got a light?" Daryl asked as he took out a cigarette.

Merle handed him a small silver lighter.

Daryl lit his cigarette and took a drag before handing it to his brother.

"Now?" Merle asked as he puffed out the smoke.

"Now." Daryl answered.

Merle threw the lit cigarette into the open door and the three watched as the cabin became engulf in flames.

All three could see as the flames took over Will Dixon's body.

"Let's go." Daryl said.

The car ride was silent as they drove from the cabin. The smoke could be seen in the air, but by the time anyone got there to put he fire out there wouldn't be much left of Wills body.

"Will we get into trouble for this? I mean I know technically I just stood around and watched, but that still makes me an accomplice." Rick said nervously.

"Don't worry about it pretty boy. No one will know it was us. Not like Will Dixon is much of a loss to this shit heap. Just keep your mouth shut, and a smile on your face. Unless your Daryl. He just has to keep scowling." Merle chuckled.

"Fuck off." Daryl muttered as he parked up at the side of the road. "Get out." He ordered them both.

"Oh come on." Merle whined.

"I want to see Lorna, haven't seen her in months and when I did I left again like an ass. Now get out. I'm sure Rick will hold your hand if you get scared." He spat.

Merle scoffed. "He ain't that pretty." He huffed as he climbed out of the truck. "Come on pretty boy. Let's find some whiskey."

"But I-" Rick began.

"Shut it." Merle snapped.

•••

Let me know what you think?

Did you expect that?

Vote and comment.