Chapter 19

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting! 🎈
•••

She didn't want to cause an argument between them. Maybe she could just come clean when they arrived home, maybe it would be okay. Unfortunately for her Daryl had a different idea in mind.

"A-are you pregnant?" He asked.

•••

She looked around the empty corridor nervously before focusing back on his face.

She didn't recognise the look his was giving her. It was a mix of many emotions. He looked scared, upset and maybe even a little disgusted. Was it towards her or his father? Maybe both.

"Lorna...are you pregnant?" He repeated when she didn't answer.

She didn't answer, she couldn't, she was rooted to the spot unable to run from her problems, her mouth glued shut, not allowing her to reveal the truth to him.

"Is that why you've been sick recently? Why you've been wearing my clothes?" He asked. "Tell me!" He shouted.

She jumped at him tone and nodded her head rapidly as the tears began to fall.

His hands went to his head, running his fingers through his hair, tugging at the ends. His eyes were wide and his mouth was agape.

"M-my dad?" He asked. "Or the other guy?"

"The other guy used protection. Your father didn't." She whispered in response.

"Fuck.." He gasped out. He stepped away from her, running his hands over his face. "You're...with him...that's my...that's...disgusting." He pulled a face as he looked over at her.

"Daryl.." She said as she reached out to him.

He backed away. "No!" He snapped. "The girl...I-I love is carrying my fathers baby, my brother or sister?" He said in disbelief. "I can't...I can't do this..." He said before looking back up at her.

"Please Daryl..." She cried. "Don't leave me."

He shook his head, walking backwards a few steps before turning on his heel and disappearing down the corridor.

Lorna let out a sob before sliding down the wall and onto the floor.

It had all gone so wrong.

Mrs Peletier eventually came out of the classroom to get the three teens back only to find just Lorna left, crying on the floor.

"Where are the boys Lorna?" She asked gently.

"Eugene took what you said seriously and is waiting outside the building and Daryl.." She let out another sob. "He hates me."

Mrs Peletier rubbed her arm soothingly. "I'm going to dismiss the class and then I think we should have a chat, okay?"

Lorna just nodded, she didn't have the energy to argue. She wanted desperately to find Daryl but she was scared of his reaction.

Students from her class past by her. Some glared, other sniggered and whispered to friends, others gave her a sympathetic smile.