Chapter 34

Thank you for 16k views!

•••

"You just have to sign here." Hershel said pointing at the piece of paper laying on the hospital table.

Lorna signed where Hershel pointed.

Hershel nodded and then looked to Blake. "Sign here." He ordered.

Blake looked at his daughter and then back to the paper. He picked up the pen and did he best thing he could for his daughter in that moment. He knew it would never make up for the years of pain and abuse, but it was something at least.

"Here's the check." Blake said as he handed the slip of paper to Hershel. "It won't bounce, I assure you."

Hershel nodded and took the check before looking back at Lorna. "Congratulations."

Lorna nodded in reply.

"I'll leave you too it." He smiled. "You know where we are if you need us though." Hershel said as he got to the door.

"Thank you."

He nodded before finally leaving the room.

Lorna turned to her father who was stood nervously in the corner of the room.

"Did you bring the rest?" She asked.

He nodded and placed the items on the table. "All the money made over the years is in that bank account."

She furrowed her brows. "I thought you spent it?" She asked.

"No, not all of it, I've added in what I did and the interest is pretty good. I'm selling the house too, so that'll be yours. You'll not be without Lorna."

She nodded. "Okay. Now what?" She asked.

"I'm leaving." He stated. "I'm going away so to speak."

She nodded. "Probably for the best, but do stick around. I don't want Daryl going away for what he has potentially done to his father."

"They'll come for me first anyway." He stated. "He was the man that...raped and kidnapped my daughter. They will believe I was seeking revenge."

"Yet you didn't." She stated.

"No.." He said ashamed as he looked down at the floor.

"You should leave." She stated.

He nodded. "Goodbye Lorna." He said as he pushed off the wall and stepped towards the door.

"Goodbye...Blake."

"Lorna?" Daryl called softly as he entered the hospital room, unsure if she was asleep or not.

She rolled over on the bed to face him and attempted to smile.

"How are you?" He asked as he approached, nervously fiddling with his hands.

"Hurts." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Do you want me to get a nurse?" He asked, panicking slightly.