Chapter 15

Wow, thank you for 5K views!

I just wanted to let you know that most of the chapters are being worked on, they all have a set plan as to how they will pan out, so it might not appeal to all. Some of what's to happen may be upsetting, even disturbing to others, but there will always be a warning before hand!

Updates will be slower for the next week due to being in France but I wrote this before hand, so here you go!

•••

Daryl and Lorna were pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to live together and not have anyone knowing. No one suspected anything different at school, the pair kept their heads down and got on with their work and kept right away from any drama, with the help of Maggie, who had become a friend of Lorna's. Daryl was thankful because when he couldn't be there, Maggie was. Glenn, had surprisingly become friends with Daryl. Of course Daryl still kept up his macho attitude but he didn't mind the teen at all.

Home life was fairly simply too. They had a good routine and everything had become easier since the electricity and water had been sorted.

The pair had formed a close bond ever since the night Daryl's father raped Lorna.

They were both very similar, both abused teens who hated the slightest touch from another, but from their shared experiences they're able to hug each other with ease, bump shoulders and even hold hands. There are times when one will flinch if the touch is sudden but majority of the time they were okay with it.

However over the past week Daryl had noticed Lorna was beginning to pull away from him. She was quiet most of the time, kept to herself and didn't want to be held at night.

He wasn't sure if something had happened at school, especially with the rumours floating around that they were dating, or if it was something worse.

As much as Daryl wanted to, he simply couldn't be in Lorna's presence every second of the day. He hated the thought, but he was worried that maybe she had seen her father or his own and was keeping it from him, especially after the night they had been followed, which thankfully hadn't happened again since.

He didn't pressure her to talk, he knew she would in time, however he, himself knew how uncomfortable it was to be questioned.

It had been over a month since the pair had ran away from their fathers. The house they lived in was becoming cosier, more like a home, and less like a squat. Even so, they still camped out on the lounge floor under a bundle of blankets.

Daryl was up early like any other day, he made sure both of their bags were ready for school and even set Lorna's clothes out for her.

She had only recently begun to run low on clothes and without the aid of a washing machine the pair had been washing their clothes in the sink or bath tub. It wasn't the ideal method but it worked.

As he got to the bottom of her suitcase he found something he knew shouldn't be there.

The money Lorna had stolen, although rightfully hers, from her father should have been running low and Daryl knew that but she always seemed to have an endless supply and was always prepared for the next food shop, she would happily give him gas money and even money for cigarettes, he hated taking from her, especially when he thought back to what she had to do for it, but she was always so insistent and claimed there was more than enough.