CHAPTER 14

A month after the wedding Nell was really sick, puking up a storm. she wasn't sure why but everytime she ate anything, she would get nauseous. Pete couldn't take it anymore, so he went to get Klay, the group doctor. He checked her up, and told them both congratulations, that she was pregnant. Nell and Pete looked at each other, than cried tears of joy, and hugged each other, Klay walked out with a tiny smirk on his face at their utter silliness.

Meanwhile back in my tent Criss was curled up with Khan, in the bed pretending to be snoozing, but was secretly awake, waiting for me to get close enough for him to grab me. I noticed him though after the third time I looked at him I seen a wicked little smirk on his face but just for fun I played along and moved closer to the bed and waited, he jumped up and pulled me down on top of him. Khan squeaked as he jumped up in his basket, that was hanging from the ceiling trying to get away from our rough housing. I gave a little squeal as he pulled me under him and began wrestling with each other, I of course lost miserably.

Nell came in and laughed at our childishness as she asked us to settle down long enough to tell us something. We both stopped instantly just long enough to hear what Nell had to say. Nell came in and sat down beside us as she gave us a long moment of silence, then announced that she was pregnant.

Criss and I looked at her, than we both grabbed her jumping up and down on the bed cheering with happiness & excitement. Criss loved kids, he instantly said he was gonna be an uncle!! Nell looked at him, like he just lost all his marbles but he just stared back at her, and said "What you don't want me as an Uncle!" Nell grinned at him, and said of course he can be...you silly ass! After all we're all family on this island.

Nell went back to her hut to cuddle with Pete, Criss had that look on his face, that he always got when he had something he wanted to talk to me about...so I told him not to full of suspense, and just to tell me what was on his mind. Criss slowly came over to me, and said he wanted one too. I looked at him inquisitively as I asked him one what? He pulled me very close to him as he said he wanted a baby too, then asked me if I'd have one with him.

I looked at him in shock, then I turned away from him. I couldn't believe he just asked me that, I mean I knew I loved him but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go that far so soon. Criss came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear "don't you love me, as much as I love you?" I turned to him & touched his face gently as I told him of course I loved him. I just wasn't sure if I was ready for that kind of commitment yet. Criss kissed my lips as he said "Well sweetie, would you be in a more commitable mood if I was to ask you to marry me first?"

I was absolutely speechless at his remark, I couldn't believe he loved me enough to want to marry me. I literally didn't know how to respond, other than tears pouring uncontrollably down my face. The thought of spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams was intoxicating in itself, even after all the past pain and torture he gave me when we were teens.