CHAPTER 16

The little lion cub woke Sandy up this morning by nibbling on her toes that was hanging off the edge of the bed...she got up and put the lil guy in the bed with her and Sully. Criss in his total happiness, forgot to give him to me.

Criss woke up first and rolled on top of me and kissed on me til I woke up. I smiled up at him, and pulled him all the way down on me and kissed him on his neck playfully as I told him good morning. Khan suddenly made a fearful cry, and went out the window, and went on the roof. Criss quickly realized that something was very wrong he jumped up, ran to the door & grabbed his spear. He called the rest of the group into immediate attention. But no one seen or heard anything, until they heard Zoey' blood curdling screams down by the creek. Nancy and Shelly came running from the creek back to the village screaming Bear over & over!! A huge Bear attacked Zoey!!

 Nancy and Shelly came running from the creek back to the village screaming Bear over & over!! A huge Bear attacked Zoey!!

Criss and Mickey ran down to the creek, and seen only what was left of Zoey's body. Criss quickly grabbed Mickey, turned him around telling him not to look, and to go back to the village, and he would bury her. Mickey walked back very slowly in tears and shock that his girlfriend was gone.

Nell and I tried consoling him but he was to infuriated, with the bear, he grabbed the spear and went after it...Mark ran after him, so he wouldn't be alone, or do something stupid. After Criss was done, he came back, and told them, that we had to kill the bear before it killed each of us one by one, so all the guys geared up for a hunting trip, even C-Top went this time.

While the guys were on the hunt, the bear circled back on them, and went to the village, where us girls were, all alone and without protection. The bear tore into the first hut, and went to the next until he found one that Nancy and Shelly were hiding in. Nancy screamed bloody murder, as the bear took one fatal swipe with its huge paw, and sliced her almost in two! Shelly took the club and hit the bear on the side of its head, then ran. I was watching as the bear was running her through the village. I screamed for Criss as loud as I could hoping he'd hear my cries, by my second scream he heard me and ran back towards the village with the others following further behind trying to catch up with him.

By the time Criss came to the village, the bear was running towards us girls...with me being in its line of sight. I ran til I was cornered, along with Nell, we both held each other and cried out as the bear approached us slowly just as it was got up on its hind legs and was about to swipe at us Criss came out of nowhere and jumped on its back, wrapped the spear around its neck and pulled back as hard as he could while hollering at us to run to the other guys to safety, but I stayed and begged Criss to be careful. The bear stood up and thrashed wildly back n forth til Criss lost his grip and let go so he could jump off more safely while still holding onto the spear. Criss ran too me, and quickly pulled me behind him telling me I should have ran like he told me too!! I ignored his comment and told him to keep his mind on the bear!!! Just then the bear lunged and Criss jabbed with the spear and kept him occupied...until the other guys came and surrounded the bear to help Criss. Klay and Sully speared him in the back, Pete and C-Top were on each side spearing at him. Criss waited until he seen his moment to strike and took it. Criss plunged the spear through the bears neck as hard as he could, but before the bear went down it made one final swipe with his paw, slicing three huge and very deep lacerations on Criss's chest & they both went down to the ground at the same time. I screamed as I rushed to him and instantly began checking the severity of the wounds. I hollered for Sully and Klay to help me get him to the bed as tears uncontrollably poured down my face.

Once they got him on the bed, I began getting prepped to clean his wounds up and was attempting to stitch them but he was bleeding so bad I was afraid I was going to lose him before I could stitch him up. Klay noticed how shaken up I was, and he told me to step outside, and he would take care of Criss. I was so sick with worry that I actually passed out for a while until Sandy put a wet rag on my forehead. 2 hours later Klay came out covered in blood, but he had a securing smile and told me that Criss was weak, but it would take a helluva lot more than a measly bear to kill that crazy Son-Of-A bitch, & that he had a fever but was awake and asking for me, so I went into the room crying as I reached out for his hand. Criss gave me a weak smile, and pulled me closer to him. I whispered in his ear to please never leave me he returned my whisper to my ear, and said he promised, as he weakly kissed me on the nose and asked me to lay next to him. I crawled next to him, very carefully to make sure I didn't press up against his wounds, but he still wrapped his arms around me and very quickly went to sleep from pain & exhaustion. I stayed awake just to keep cold compresses on his head to help keep his fever under control.

We were all glad the bear was finally dead, but it wasn't without the loss of lives; Zoey, Nancy, and Shelly but all we could do is mourn our loss, bury our dead, and nurse my hubby back to health we were all at the point to where we wanted to go back home into civilization. Nell was ready more than the others for she didn't want to have her baby out in the wilderness.