CHAPTER 19

Costa kept running until he hit the center of the village dragging his mom and brother along. Klay and Sully came out to see what the heavy breathing and running was all about right when they seen them they knew right away that they were there to rescue them. They both ran to them jumping, hollering, and dancing with delight. Dimitra looked around as more survivors came out of their huts desperately looking for her son, she finally got tired of the suspense and yelled out for Crisstopher to come out. Criss was sleeping next to me when he heard his mom, and was instantly up and out running to his mommies call.

Criss ran up behind her and picked her up, saying mommy very loudly as he was spinning her around n saying that she found him! she hugged her boy in tears, as Costa and JD hugged them both, in a huge group hug. After the short reunion was over with she said they needed to get back to the far beach to board the Coast Guard ship, that was waiting for them. Criss quickly got everyone gathered up, as Khan came running up to Criss, Dimitra gave a shriek not knowing that he was a pet once Khan went to his shoulder and wrapped his tail around his neck she realized Criss made a new friend. Costa thought he was adorable. I came out and Criss grabbed me and told his family that I was his wife as he kissed my neck. They all looked at Criss like he was crazy. for Dimitra knew it wasn't a legal marriage but she wasn't going to start anything until, they were off the island and back into civilization.

When Pete came out with Nell, Dimitra thought that maybe these young people weren't being totally responsible, while flinging around on the island, she was secretly hoping her son didn't make that same mistake with me. It took us all an hour to pack up everything. I was in a few tears as I had to turn my 2 year old lion loose for I knew I couldn't take him with me. Klay, and the rest came out, but as we were getting ready to move out, hellacious winds came up, and the waves began to crash hard along the shores. We knew exactly what it was, it was a hurricane coming in from the open water. Sully screamed out to take shelter! That it was coming in hard!! They all scattered down to the rocks ledge, and crawled into a cave. Dimitra and JD were straggling from the high winds and not knowing which way to go, Carmen and Abby were trying to show them but they kept dropping their gear. Mark hollered at her to just let the shit go and get inside!! but they didnt listen. Carmen got hit in the head with a tree that had been uprooted from the storm she was killed instantly. Dimitra screamed as she seen it happen, and Criss let go of my hand and went out into the storm to get his mom and brother. I begged him to stay with me, he smiled at me, and said everything will be ok.

Criss rushed out into the storm, and located his brother, and showed him, the way to the cave then he went back on the search, through the hard wind, and tyrantial rains until he found his mom and pulled her to safety. Criss held her close telling her she was safe now as I handed him a blanket to dry her off with. The only thing we could do now was wait the storm out so after Criss got his mom to sleep, he came over to me, and kissed me tenderly and snuggled down with me and went to sleep. Nell and Pete were sleeping on the far side of me. Klay and Lacey, were sleeping by the outer edge of the cave so he could keep a look out. Sully was laying by C-Top trying to comfort him from the loss of his Carmen but it wasn't helping him much while Sandy was wrapped around Sully from behind. Mickey was standing outside the caves mouth looking out in the storm wondering if Abby and Mark made it to a shelter, but he was expecting the worse.

Morning finally came and the storm passed. We all came out to check our surroundings but Mickey was already out burying Carmen, so C-Top wouldn't have to see her. We all got together and searched for Mark and Abby. Klay eventually found Mark laying on top of Abby trying to protect her with himself, but they both died together. Klay grabbed Mickey's shovel, and began digging the grave to bury them together.

Dimitra than realized how responsible they were, and all the loss, and suffering they went through had made them very strong and extremely close to each other. After they said loving words to their lost family they made it to the beach and hopped aboard the small boat that would take them to the Coast Guard's ship that would finally take them home.

But as they were on the small boat Nell screamed out as her water broke. Dimitra grabbed her hand, and layed her head in her lap and stated calmly that we needed to get her to the ship for she was going to have a baby while at sea.