The starting of scars the hunger games

Hi I'm austin135 and this is my first book so I hope you like it. I am doing this story on the hunger games, witch I've made my own story of. In this hunger games story, the hunger games is still going on. I've always loved the hunger games and now I'm writing a book so hope you like it and some chapters may be short but it's only cause I'm new at this :)
---
CHAPTER 1

I think in my head, If I get picked, if I die. I can already hear the Capitol man saying my name at the reaping. I'm only 15 and I don't have my name in there a lot but it's still possible, my friends brother got reaped at 13 and we watched as he died of dehydration. Watching the tears run down his face, I don't want him doing it again, doing what he did for his brother, crying for me while I get murdered.

I keep saying in my head you won't get picked but I know that I could and i'll most Likely be in those games.

I'm still in my empty old home, my brothers probably with my dad going to get some food. My home is in district 5 witch is power, and my dad helps with that type of work everyday...everyday! It seems like me and my brother are on our own until he comes back from a bad day at work and yells at us. My mom use to hold this family up and keep us together but ever since my mom and dad divorced and left the district, it's hard trying to survive.

My mom and dad divorced because he always got mad at the little things and she just couldn't take it so she left. So now me and older brother are closer.
We don't want to leave Each other with nothing not like mom did but I know she had a reason too.

I get out of my messy bed and quickly make it before dad comes back. My older brother comes towards me and hugs me and says "don't worry you won't get picked". He releases his arms and I just stare at him. He can tell I'm nervous yet he looks so calm about this, i guess cause he's 17 that he's almost over the age limit,he turns to dad as I change into some clothes. I hear dad and Luke (my brother) arguing like usual.

When I'm done I walk over and say to Luke that "I'm scared". He looks at me with kind eyes and says "Quinn don't worry I'll be with you the whole time, you won't get picked and I know you won't".

Tomorrow is the reaping witch means peace keepers everywhere so we need to go hunting for our food tomorrow.

I start walking with my brother to the fields, he shoots me some glares until I finally say "what?", he just laughs, "remember the time when we were young and we had that mud fight?" He says with a smile. I chuckle and say "ya, when you smothered my face with mud?", "ya, and I only did that cause you threw some on my Chest!" He says. We both start to laugh not caring if anyone hears us.

Now we're near the fields about 200 meters, when I ask "wanna sprint there?". He glares at me right after and he starts running and I yell "hey! Cheater", I start to sprint catching up to him. He starts to laugh and says "what are you gonna do about it?" . We're neck and neck so i decide to stick my foot out a bit and trip him. He falls to the ground, hitting it hard. I stop running and reach my hand out to help him up. He doesn't get up he just stays motionless, and I think to myself what if he blacked out?

I'm freaking out! He hasn't moved in 1 minute! I start shaking him and he doesn't move! I hold his hand and all of a sudden he yanks me to the ground and he starts laughing, then says "you actually thought something bad happened!" He rolling on the ground laughing so hard his face is red! "Whatever, I still won the race" I say with a smile.

We're in the field, near the meadow.
We decided to split up and try to gather as much meat, plants, berries and water as we can. I get my knives out from in a dead log where i hide them. I hold the handle tightly and walk slowly looking for my target. I walk slowly a bit more not making any noise and find a plump bird in a tree above me just staring at me. I fling my knife right in its head. The bird falls from the tree and I grab it and put it in my game bag.

After that I find a couple squirrels some berries, roots and some wheat.

I head back to where we always meet near the meadow, close to a pond. There he is, waiting. He didn't see me yet but then I catch his eye. He looked alarmed at first then realized it was me.

"I thought that you were someone else" he says.
"Nope just me" I say in reply.
We slump down against the stump of a tree my head on his chest.
"So what did you find"? He asks
"A plump bird, couple squirrels, some wheat, some roots, and some berries" I say.
"I think i went a little too far but I found some plants, two plump birds, some water, a deer and surprisingly some corn" he says.
"Wow that's a lot I didn't know you were that good with a bow!" I say enthusiastically.
"I practice" he says with a smile.
"Quinn?" He says
"Ya?" I reply
"You always seem to cheer me up, whenever, wherever, I'm just really happy your my brother" Luke says

I run up to him and hug him and we just stay there, leaning on each other while our arms around each other.
I release my arms and he says "Quinn just know wherever you are, I'll always love you.

I look up at him and say "I love you too".

We grab our bags, hide our weapons then walk back home in silence.
---
That was my first chapter! I think I did pretty well and I'll keep trying to get better. Please vote if you like it and comment your opinion :)
Thanks :D