Chapter 16

Quinn's POV

I think in my head, now me and my brother will die. I don't want this, no one wants this, except for the Capitol, just with a push of a button there go's someone's life, our lives are in their hand and they throw them away like we're nothing.

I help my brother up and repeat everything I said in my head over and over as more anger comes rushing in.

All of a sudden I'm yelling at him, this is the first time I've done this and I don't feel to good doing it, I don't even know why I'm doing it.

"HOW COULD YOU!" I yell

Everyone starts to stare and stops eating their food.

"Quinn please don't yell, it's gonna be ok" he says

"LUKE WHY! NOW THERE'S NO CHANCE OF ME GOING HOME AND SEEING YOU CAUSE YOU'LL BE DEAD!" I yell then stomp off to my room.

Tears start to come down my face as if they'll never stop. There was only one chance and he blew it.

He knocks on the door and I stuff my head in my pillow sobbing.

Luke walks in and looks at the room. He sits on the bed beside me and stares at all the things that capture his attention.

"I'm sorry Quinn, I didn't mean to get caught" he says

I take my head out of the pillow and wipe my eyes with my sleeve.

"It's ok, but now all I can think of is that one of us is gonna die and we'll never see each other again" I say

After talking we both hug and go back to the dinning room, Luke manages to slide a chair beside me and we eat. We all finish fast except for Luke, he eats a ton almost all the food is gone when he's done.

We walk over to the couch, where everyone else already is, I go and sit beside Phoenix and Luke sits beside Annalee.

We start watch the chariots on the TV. District 1 is wearing mostly pink with some blue and some different color lights shine and move.

Some other chariots go by and then there's us, me and Annalee wearing the silver, it matches so well and the sparks looked amazing while the two beams shine at the crowd.

The others pass by pretty quick until we get to district 11, 12 and 13.

11 is wearing the colors of autumn as leaves swirl around them.

12 is wearing the colors of fire while they shoot arrows that burst into flames in the night sky.

And 13 just blows me away. The boy is dressed as a peacekeeper and the girl is dressed as a mocking jay as they hold the flag but it's on fire!

What a huge sign of rebellion, their gonna get themselves killed, maybe even before the games, but why am I worrying, it just means less competition for me. I smirk to myself and walk back to my room.

I get dressed in some sleeping clothes and Luke walks in.

"What do you want Luke?" I say

" Nothing, I'm just coming in my room" he says

"Wait a second, I still have to share a room with you?" I say with a smile

"Yup, but at least the beds bigger" he says with a little laugh

I walk over in the bed and get in, after Luke puts on some sleeping clothes, he joins me. The silence helps me and next thing I know, I'm asleep.

When I wake up Luke is gone of course, he always is. I put on some clothes that are laid on our bed, it says 5 on the back and then I remember it's the first day of training.