Chapter 14

Quinn's POV

I awaken from my dreams, but they are only dreams now I'm in the reality. I pull the sheets off of me and take a quick shower. When I get out I put on some clean clothes and wear my necklace as pride.

I walk out to the dinning room and put as much on my plate as I can. Today we meet our stylist's and have the chariots.

I put some eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast and some juice. I start to dig in, not caring if anyone sees. I eat when I'm nervous and tonight is the chariots and I really need sponsors cause I won't survive out there without them.

I finish and there it is out the window. Buildings standing tall and different verities and colors. We enter a dark tunnel and there they are, all the strange people with the strange outfits. I slowly stare while waving out the window to some random people that might save my life. I find it stupid that watching people die is entertainment for these foolish people.

I make my way to the door as it opens. Me and Annalee are being brought to our stylist where we will be waxed and plucked. Its like the pain train.

First I am rinsed off so there's no dirt on me, then they wax me, then pluck my eyebrows. They hose me down one more time then send me to my stylist.

I am left in a white room with a window. I wait patiently and no one shows up, so I walk over to the window. I can see all of the Capitol, it looks so big.

I hear the door open, I turn around quickly and see my stylist.

He's dressed in a striped blue t shirt and black jeans and I little bit of grey eyeliner.

He reaches out his hand and says "hi, I'm axel" I shake his hand and says "I'm Quinn" I say nervously. He turns to his note book and draws something, then turns back to me "so tell a little bit about yourself, like what weapon do you use, what's your personalities..." he says to me, I think in my head what is there to say, I'm going in the games to die, but he's trying to help comfort me so I don't do that. I look at him and say "well, my name is Quinn, I'm 15, my two favorite weapons are bow and arrow and throwing knives and my personality is shy" I say, he starts to write in his note book and says "I could tell you were shy", I roll my eyes at him, and he says "ok, ill see you tonight at the chariots".

He walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

I am entered in another room with a buffer set up, I look at all these foods they are so colorful and they look amazing. I help myself to all the different foods. when I'm done eating I sit on a couch and wait, for a movement, for anything, for anyone, nothing.

I soon walk out the door and there's axel walking up to me he leads me to a room where he gets me ready for the chariots.

He gets some people to put some makeup on me but I push it aside, the only thing they put on my face is some eyeliner like axel's, he smiles when he sees me except it, it was almost the same shade of his eyeliner.

When the people leave, axel gets me in my costume. It's mainly silver and grey. I'm wearing grey skinny jeans, a silver long sleeve sparkling sweater with a hood. he wants to make us look casual but also strange like the Capitol. There is also a button that he told us to press when we start going.

We walk to the chariots and I find Annalee there already. We are matching but she looks amazing.

The first chariot starts so I jump on ours and I help her up. W go through a tunnel and we're out in the open. The crowd roars over others people's outfits. I Graf Annalee's hand and raise them to show pride and that when I remember the button. I push the button under my sleeve and sparks of powered electricity spark around us. On the side of the chariot two light beams go beaming up and light the sky and start moving in different places. As the sparks rise a little more the crowd roars at us. I see a dash of a screen and me and Annalee's faces are on it, then we stop in front of president snows mansion and there he is on the balcony, then our sparks stop.

"Welcome! welcome, welcome! tributes we welcome you, for your courage and your sacrifice and we wish you happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor!" he says in his deep un trustworthy voice. Before we head in he says one last thing "considering this is the 100th hunger games we will be changing up some of the rules" he says then says "happy hunger games" and we are now inside his mansion. Me and Annalee get off our chariot and Phoenix congratulates us and so do our stylist's and our escort Khalid. We head over to the elevator and take it up to number five cause I guess the number of that floor Is where the number of that district stays.

When we are up, an advox shows us around and I head to my room before dinner.

It looks so beautiful how they blend one color with different ones to makes stuff stand out. The bed is make with amazing materials, it is defiantly made for comfort. Also there is a couple paintings, a couch, two dressers full of clothes and some windows. When I'm looking at a painting, Khalid calls me for dinner. I walk out to the dinning room, everyone already there. I sit in between Phoenix and Annalee. The food looks so good. I grab what I can fit on my plate. I get some seafood pasta, some sort of soup, some bread and a bit of rice with meat. The food is extravagant, different things that you would think have no taste together make your taste buds want more.

When I'm half way through my meal I hear a knock at the door and Phoenix yells "come in!" so they here him. A peacekeeper walks in with my brother and pushes him on the ground hard. I run up to him help him up. I run at the peacekeeper and shove him against wall. My brother pulls me back from punching the peacekeeper and I struggle to get out. "Luke! let me go!" I yell, he tightens his gripe but I manage to get out. I hear my brother say "Quinn don't!" I stop and obey my brother backing away from the peacekeeper. The peacekeeper smirks and says "why don't you get to know district 5's new tribute in the hunger games" I grit my teeth cause I'm so angry then he leaves.