Chapter 3

Autumn's P.O.V

I wake up screaming. My sister Winter runs into my room asking what was wrong, I quickly replied telling her that "everything was fine, I am just a little scared for the reaping. "

"Ok" she leaves the room and I hear her footsteps as she goes back to her room.

The problem was that I wasn't fine. I was scared to death. I needed help. I grabbed my jacket and throw on my favorite pair of jeans and walk over to my boyfriend Jason's house.

Jason's P.O.V

I hear a knock at the door. Ugh I'm so tired!

I shuffle my feet towards the door wondering who it would be. I smile as I see that's its Autumn.

She looks so beautiful! The sun is just coming up and the morning rays are reflecting off of her fiery red hair. I open the door and let her in.

Instantly she Runs into my arms and starts to cry, I pull her face close to mine, "What's wrong?"

She sniffles. "I h-had a dream, I-I was picked for the hunger games, A-and u tried to volunteer for me but they didn't let you. They shot an killed you!"

She continues crying and leans her head on my chest.

I whisper in her ear, "you won't be picked, and if you are, I won't let You leave me. I can't be away from you. I promise that if you are picked I will volunteer. We will be together, I can't let you go."

She looks up at me with red eyes and smiles, "I love you."

"I love you to."

And of course at that exact moment my annoying older sister runs down the stairs an ruins the moment.

"Jaso- oh am I interrupting something? Enh whatever, we have to get ready for the reaping."

I smile sadly at Autumn and tell her that I will meet her at her house in 1 hour.

She agrees and runs back to her house to get ready.

Autumn's P.O.V

I run up to my room and take a shower. My sister put a dress on my bed and it was beautiful! It was a nice pale blue that complimented my eyes and made my hair stand out.

I quickly put it on and brushed my hair so that it fell past my shoulders. I had put it in a braid so it would be wavy when I took it out. It was a nice change from my normally straight hair. I had just finished getting ready and I heard a knock on the door.

"Jason!" I jump into his arms and we laugh. We start walking towards the reaping hand in hand. Hoping that this wouldn't be the last moment we would spend together.

We arrived at the town square and they prick my finger with the needle, I look over and see Jason flinch as his finger gets pricked. I laugh to myself, that's my scaredy cat. He walks over to me and wispers," I love you."

"I love you too."

I Walk over to the 16 year old section.

Jason's P.O.V

I don't pay attention to the capital person, they say the same stuff every year bla bla bla Capitol this capital that! It gets to the point where you just tune it out. The escort walks over and reaches into the girls bowl.

I hold my breath praying that Autumn won't be picked.

"Autumn Jacobs"

My prayers weren't answered.

She walks up to the stage looking at me. I hold her gaze.

The escort reaches into the boys bowl.

"Jasper Wil-"

Before she can finish the name, I say the four words I never thought I would

Say in my life,

"I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE"

-----------------------------------

Ok I was hoping to finish with Autumn and Jason this chapter but I couldn't resist! Had to have a cliffhanger!!!

One more chapter of the lovebirds then I will move on to a couple other tributes!

P.S SO SORRY FOR ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER