Chapter 7

This chapter is gonna be about a girl named dawn. now dawn is special because this is the first year that district 13 is giving tributes and she might be one of them. Sorry about the spelling and mistakes in the last chapter, I forgot to edit it. so hope you like my new one :)

---

Chapter 7

Dawn's POV

The silence is like my only friend. we spend a lot of time together considering I only have one family member left.

My brother Trevor spends all his days in the hospital. My brother was always the one that smiled the brightest at most times, he was the one that stayed strong at scary times but now I need to stay strong for him.

Today is the reaping, and if I get picked then me and brother are dead. the fate of both of our lives depend on a piece of paper with my name on it and the one who chooses it if they pick it. My brother is already in the hospital. I think before the reaping ill go and see him.

I get ready for the reaping, since we're from district 13 it's are first year to actually participate in it. Since its our first year that we're actually participating in, before we had to have something to do during boring days. usually we would train if this ever happened and now it did so all our hard work might pay off, it could be the first year we're in it and the first year we'll win you never know. For my weapon skills I mainly use a sword but if it has to be long range I'm pretty good at throwing knives, I'm really fierce so I think that's a good personality I have that some people don't.

I pic out one of my moms old dress', I find a one that is faded fire red. Its beautiful! I don't know where she got this but it's amazing. I wash up and put on the dress, it's not very comfortable but I'm representing my family in this dress so I stick with it. I walk to the center of 13 where the hospital is and some other shops, it's practically like a town square but smaller than others. I walk other to the hospital through the doors the to Zenovia his nurse. "how Is he?" I ask already knowing the answer though. she looks at her work and says in reply "he's doing ok, gradually getting better but he keeps on doing ok and then we find something else to worry about","can I go see him?" I ask politely, "ok fine" she says and I rush towards my brothers room. He's there lying in bed, probably exhausted from last night, they kept on looking at him and taking scans and things all night and he's only 10. I walk in the room and sit next to his bed. I gently nudge him and he wakes up. He smiles then hugs me. He is so adorable, the way he smiles, the way he laughs everyone who knows him likes him. he releases the hug and I glance over at his night table, the roses I sent him, he loves roses, he says he thinks of them as me really beautiful and delicate. "so you go the roses I see" I say. He looks at the roses and says "ya, thanks! every time I feel down I look at the roses and think of my loving sister" he says with a small voice. I hear a loud noise and I know it's the reaping. He says "you won't get picked", my stomach already hurts and he says "and I had a little extra time so I made you this". He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a necklace will maple wood, and he carved a little rose with a sword behind it. The back is a metal circle Then I realize it's a locket. I open it up and see a picture of me and him. he hugs me one last time, we say our I love you and now I'm of to the reaping.