Chapter 11

Autumn's P.O.V

Well, here we are, finally arriving at the Capitol. It's been about 2 days since I last saw district 11 and 1 day since I last saw Jason.

I just don't know where he is and we are going to be Getting off the train in about 10 minutes. We arrive and I get off the train still looking for Jason, there he is! He looks different though, I will ask him about it later.

First I get waxed and washed then sent to a room where ill meet my stylist.

I'm in a room with my stylist Tigris, she's talking about what I should do during the chariots but I don't listen, all I do is think about Jason. Why did he volunteer, I didn't want him to, now we both might die, I know he wanted to spend time with me but now there's no chance that we both will make it out there's only one victor.

Tigris leaves the room and comes back in with a beautiful dress that suits me perfectly. It's the colors of autumn. I put it on and look in the mirror it looks amazing.

She leads me to my chariot and Jason is there waiting for me. He's wearing a tux with the colors of autumn too, we match perfectly.

"Wow, you look stunning"he says with a smile. He hugs me and then I realize they have started the chariots. Jason gets in then helps me up and we're off.

In front of us I see district 5 trying to steal the spotlight for the first time. sparks start to rise from their feet and two lights beam beside them.

And then I hear something explode behind us, BOOM! I turn and see district 12 firing of arrows in the sky, but what's making the... BOOM! The arrows are fire arrows and they explode with flames in the dark night sky.

The crowd start roaring and screaming for all the tributes. All of a sudden Jason pushes something on the chariot and leaves start to swirl around us. All the colors of the harvest we have during fall, those leaves are the colors of my dress to match autumn.

Jason's POV

She looks so beautiful, with the leaves swirling around her, there the colors of her dress. I look at the crowd and see the exhilaration of them. They start to toss roses and I catch one. I turn to autumn and give it to her. she hugs me and I smile. When we release the hug I hold her hand and wave at the crowd. Once our chariot comes to a halt like the other, we're in front of president snow's mansion. He walks to his balcony and says "welcome! welcome, welcome! tributes we welcome you, for your courage and your sacrifice! and we wish you, happy hunger games! and may the odds be ever in your favor" he says with a fake smile. I really hate him, making kids fight to the death, it's just sick!

"Considering its the 100th hunger games, we will be changing up some rules, happy hunger games!" he says before we enter his mansion.

When we get inside we get showed around then I go see my room. Its amazing! the different colors go perfect with these painting and the bed is so comfy I could sleep in it right now but I get called for dinner.

I walk out and see that everyone but autumns there I go and get her and we start to eat.

The food is good, different sorts of things mixed with others makes it taste so good.

Autumn's POV

I finish my dinner being full and head to my room, I hear footsteps behind me so I turn around and see Jason.

He smiles and says "you were amazing at the chariots" I look at him and say "thanks, you looked great too" I sigh and he looks and me and says "what's wrong" I look away and say "I wish you didn't volunteer, because there can only be one victor and" I am stopped by his lips pressed against mine. I close my eyes, until he releases he smiles and says "goodnight autumn" and turn and walk in my room. I change into something comfy and get in bed, I think about that kiss all night, I think maybe it was good that he came, because now I can spend more time with him, just me and him in it together.