Chapter 18

Rhine's POV

I open my eyes to the sunshine beaming through my window, I lie in bed wishing that I didn't have to go to training, but it's my last day before the private training session where the game maker can see what skill people have.

I sit up in the covers, I start stretching, most of my bruises from training are still a bit sore but I try to ignore it.

I see my training clothes laid on my bed and put they on. I walk out to see that no ones up yet, I walk over to the table, food is set all over, but it still no one eating it. Motion, no where, except for out side the window. People walk in the streets looking at things and talking to people. Their weird outfits I think I hate the most, just what they put together looks really strange. I think I would know about this stuff cause my district is luxury items.

I keep looking out the window, until I hear a noise, I turn to see Amber standing behind me.

"Hi" she says

"Hi, how did you sleep?" I ask

"Good, you" she says

"Really good, so do you wanna talk about our strategy and our alliance?" I ask

"Ok, sure" she says

We walk over to the couch and sit down.

"Ok so do you like our team?" she asks

"Well, kind of, Crone is a bit bossy but he is really strong and tuff and hazel sounds nice but I think she's still very

Rude and untrustworthy but we're the careers so I guess we have to team right?" I say

"Well, you don't have to but they would probably want to kill you for not teaming" she says

"Ya..." I say in reply

"We better get ready for training and eat breakfast" I say

"Ya I guess we should" she says

"Maybe let the others sleep in" I say

"Ok" she says

We walk over to the table quietly. We sit down, staring at the food as our mouths water. We start to eat what we want, all the foods look so good, from eggs and toast to bacon and cereal and tons more. I take little bits of everything and try not to stuff myself.

When we finish we walk to the elevator and push the down button.

The elevator starts to move down. When we arrive, everyone's there, every district, everyone.

Crone starts to walk up to me looking mad,"Man, why are you guys so late! hurry up!" he says harshly

I walk over to our career group, we all start talking about strategies and other stuff but I can't help to look at a girl, I think her name is Thalia, she looks so nice and smart, and she's very skilled with a bow, she shoots the arrow right in the middle each time, it's amazing.

"Rhine! focus, if you don't want to be in this team just say so" Crone yells

"Sorry, I just think we should be practicing our skills as well" I say

"Fine, we'll have this conversation at lunch" he says without yelling this time.

I walk over to the trident section. I grip the handle tightly and bring it back as far as I can.

"What are you from district 4?" hazel asks curiously yet in a rude tone.

I finally launch the trident straight into the dummy's chest.