Chapter 17

Quinn's P.O.V

I am woken up by Luke, we tells me that I slept in and that I had to hurry to be on time for training.

I quickly put on my training uniform then ran down to breakfast. I threw a couple things onto my plate, ate them then followed Annalee and Luke out the door.

"Annalee, please I'm so sorry! Please talk to me, we need you on our team!"

"No. I don't want to be on your team, not while she is." She nods her head over to Thalia who is walking towards us.

"Hey, Annalee, Quinn told me you weren't joining our team?"

"Well, Quinn told you correctly."

It's not right, we need Thalia on our team but I don't want to hurt Annalee's feelings. I can't have Thalia as an enemy, so Annalee has to go.

"Thalia is on our team, Annalee, why don't you just leave. You are not our Ally anymore and we need to talk strategies."

She looks at me with testy eyes and runs away. I look over at my brother the disappointment showing in his eyes. This makes me feel instantly guilty, but Thalia will keep me alive longer in these games than Annalee would.

Jason's P.O.V

Me and Autumn are walking over to the archery station, we might as well work on using a bow. Who knows, maybe I will be good at it.

I watch her pull back the string and let the arrow fly, it hits the target right in the center, but she immediately puts the bow down.

"Autumn? Keep shooting you are so good!"

"No, I don't like it. I like knives."

I shrug and pull back the string. I let go and the arrow goes flying! It completely misses. Well, I try again. I carefully pull back the string and I'm about to let go but something catches my eye.

I put the bow down and tell Autumn to wait here.

I run over to the crying girl, I think she is from district 5.

"Hey there sweetie, what's wrong?"

She looks up at me with puffy red eyes, "My team ditched me for another girl."

She tells me how her an her district partners were a team but then the girl from district 12 joins in. They don't get along and her district partner, Quinn I think it was, picks 12 over her.

"I thought of him as my older brother! But he just threw me away like I was nothing!"

She starts crying again.

"No,no,no,no, don't cry. Would your like to join my team?"

A sad smile spreads across her face, "Are you sure I won't slow you down?"

"I would love to have you on our team, you seem really smart."

"Wait, who's 'our' team?"

"Follow me."

I walk over to Autumn while holding the girls hand, wait I don't even know her name!

"I don't think I introduce myself, I'm Jason."

"I'm Annalee."

Autumn's P.O.V

In a couple of minutes Jason comes back holding a little girls hand.

"Autumn, this is Annalee. She is joining our team."

I bend down to the eye level of Annalee. I stick out my hand and say,"Hi! I'm Autumn, it's nice to meet you!"