Chapter 25

Jason's POV

Half the tributes still wait in line, including me. I feel like flopping back down on my comfy bed and dosing off, but no.

I sigh in frustration that my name has not been called yet. I turn around and see Autumn isn't there. I look down a small hallway and guess that she might be here.

I walk up and down the hallway not finding her. It frustrates me that she's not here with me. I decide on leaving. As I walk down the hallway back to where all the tributes are waiting.

When I reach the end of the hallway I'm about to head to the tribute line but then I hear a voice from behind me, far behind me. I turn around and start running down the hallway. When

"How did he get that 12? I hear Crone say rudely.

"How?!" he yells.

"I-I don't know" I hear another person say and recognize it easily, it's Autumn.

I decide on wether I should walk or just listen, I decide on walking in.

I walk in the door to see Autumn tied up with ropes and Crone holding him fist up at her.

"What's going on here?" I ask still looking around the room.

"Just asking some questions" he answers clenching his teeth.

"Well back off!" I say pushing him to the door.

"What if I don't?" he says with a nasty grin.

"Then this-" with that I send my fist right to his nose. Blood starts to leak out of his nose, he looks even more mad, but he leaves.

I walk back over to Autumn and start untying the ropes that are laced around her wrists and feet. When I finish she pulls me into a hug, when she releases we start walking back down the hall.

Each step we take echoes throughout the hallway. We're about half way there when Autumn speaks up.

"We'll need to watch out for him in the arena." she mumbles enough for me to hear.

"I agree, but I'll protect you, don't worry." I answer to her.

I notice small puddles of blood on the ground. I try and ignore it and keep walking.

As we walk on stage I try to ignore the crowd screaming and cheering. I give them a simple wave then plop myself down on the leather couch. Autumn sits next to me

Our names are called and we make our way to the stage, our hands still intwined. The crowd's cheering madly but I try and ignore them as I make my way to the couch across the stage. I give them a simple wave before sit down on the leather couch, Autumn then plops herself down beside me.

"Well! Autumn and Jason!" Caesar yells,"What a week! what a week it has been indeed!"

"So, guys what has your favorite thing in the Capitol been?" he asks Autumn.

She thinks for a little then answers,"Well I would have to say the people and all the love their giving us!" She yells then gives a beaming smile at the crowd. They then give a big applause for her gesture.

"So now Jason, how? how did you get that amazing score?" Caesar asks me still smiling.

"Well I tried my hardest and it payed of so tributes you better watch out." I say pointing at the camera as if it were all the tributes.

"Well Jason, if I may ask, is there anything going on with you two?" He asks me and Autumn with a smile.

I look at Autumn and realize she's blushing and that our hands are still clutching each other.