Chapter 6

Rhine's POV

Today is the reaping, we can train for at least an hour more before then.

I use a trident, I know it's strange for a district 1 to use a trident but I'm really good at it and I like it. This year if I get picked I'm gonna be the fierce one, the one that kills everyone.

I walk up to the trident course. basically what happens in this course is the dummies run by and you have to hit them while trying to dodge weapons, it's pretty intense but I've been training for 4 years now, so for me it's a breeze. We are a pretty wealthy district so we have good training courses, and places to practice your skill. Since you represent your district in the hunger games if you win it practically means your district won since when you buy stuff you give them money.

I pick up the trident, holding the grip tightly. The first dummies goes flying by and I hit it right in the head, it falls to the ground with a trident in the side of its head. Two other dummies come out, one has knives. I throw the trident in the one that has nothing, hits it in the chest. I don't realize but the other dummy throws a knife and dodge it easily and throw a trident in the dummies head. a voice blooms out of some speakers and says "all people in the training room please make your way to the reaping". My stomach already hurts, usually people are like "ha your from district 1 you shouldn't be scared" but in reality everyone is always scared.

I make my way to the reaping (of course not wanting too). when I get there, they're just starting to begin.

I make my way to the 16 year old section, everyone's just about here. A man comes on the stage with a powdered blue hair and a aqua suit. He must be our new escort, the other one ran of. He says the usual lines and go's on to the names. "The girls first!" he shouts, then walks over to the bowl picks a name and reads it. "Amber Winter blossom" he says through the mike. I could tell she was scared but she walks up to the stage pushing her fear aside. He goes to the boys and calls a boy named Toby. I yell as loud as I can "I VOLUNTEER!". The man seems in shock, probably thinking why would volunteer for a murder competition?! I don't know why I volunteered, why did I get in this mess. I walk up on stage. The man starts to ask me questions but its like I don't quite hear them, I feel like everything is in slow motion. He asks me more questions but nothing creeps out my mouth. Amber stares at me and I give her a short glare then I stare at the crowd. We are put into a room where people will come say there goodbyes but no one comes, I wait a bit more nobody comes, its like no one cares about. My emotions are all over the place, first I'm nervous, then scared, then sad, what's next me scheming and yelling?

We are rushed to a train and I quickly make my way down to my room. The colors are amazing but for now, I don't want to recognize cool things, right now all I want to do is sleep, to let my emotions rest.

I lie on the bed, pull the cover on me then in seconds I doze of thinking about how no one come to say goodbye, do they all really hate me? my dad, my friends? I guess so, and now I'm on my way to get killed.

---

So that's Rhine he'll be in the book a lot and so will Thalia, autumn, Dawn, Quinn and Jason. hope you liked the chapter! please vote and comment your opinion! thanks :)